New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    may relationship ba to?

these last 2 -3 oil changes... hindi ko na dinadala sa casa yung ranger ko... sa planta na lang namin.. tutal may motor pool naman kami dun.. i just buy the parts that need to be replaced and have them do the work... but dun nga sa last 2 - 3 oil changes... napansin ko na tumataas ang consumption ng fuel per km... it's posssible that my driving habits have changed.. but sa ramdam ko eh di naman gano... although i'm not sure kung anong oil ang ginagamit nila.. dati sa casa they use either shell or mobil... what's the best oil ba for diesel engines?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on the viscosity of the motor oil used. The lower viscosity will give better milage at cost of slightly less engine protection

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Try changing your air and fuel filter. What oil brand and viscosity are you using?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wowiesy
    may relationship ba to?

these last 2 -3 oil changes... hindi ko na dinadala sa casa yung ranger ko... sa planta na lang namin.. tutal may motor pool naman kami dun.. i just buy the parts that need to be replaced and have them do the work... but dun nga sa last 2 - 3 oil changes... napansin ko na tumataas ang consumption ng fuel per km... it's posssible that my driving habits have changed.. but sa ramdam ko eh di naman gano... although i'm not sure kung anong oil ang ginagamit nila.. dati sa casa they use either shell or mobil... what's the best oil ba for diesel engines?

Does engine oil affect fuel consumption: YES!

Whats the best oil for diesel engines: Follow manufacturer recommended oil, but if i were to choose between Mobil and Shell - i'd go with Mobil 1.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napansin ko din yan, kapag outside of casa ako nagpa oil change, gamit ko Mobil Delvac MX, medyo bumababa ng konti ang mileage ko. sa casa ang gamit nila Fuchs or Fusch.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    maka-singit na nga po..

ano ba magandang engine oil at viscosity para sa 1.6L sedan?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by butchokuy
    maka-singit na nga po..

ano ba magandang engine oil at viscosity para sa 1.6L sedan?
    Caltex Havoline Energy Synthetic 5W-30 (but check your manual if the said viscosity can operate within the temperature range here as this may vary from engine to engine).

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I prefer mobil 1 0w40 with supersynt or Castrol Formula RS 0w40 for 1.6L sedan

Quote Originally Posted by mistah
    I prefer mobil 1 0w40 with supersynt or Castrol Formula RS 0w40 for 1.6L sedan
    How much is the mobil1 0w40? and where is it available? thanks.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Dyan sa Servitec Sucat, malapit sa Lopez...mas mura ang Mobil1 nila...P2100/4 liters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
engine oil affects fuel consumption?