New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    are "engine energizers" any good? the one's you mix with the motor oil which is supposed to make the car more fuel efficient and give better mileage...

any of you guys ever use any of these and are there any known adverse effects in using such?

Nope. Motor Oils today already have enough additives. Plus adding additivies might negate the Motor Oils' additives. Save your money, get a synthetic oil instead for maximum protection

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope. they'll even void yor car's warranty (if it hasn't expired yet)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    i hear synthetic oils are primarily designed for newer cars... can i use it on a galant 1990? don't older cars need thicker oil? i've been wanting to switch to synthetic but i'm concerned it might do me more harm than good? is it alright to swith then?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    use it on a diesel. no need for gasoline

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    added expense for a whole lot of nothing. or worse, a whole lot of costly repairs later due to engine damage. keep clear of those additives, they simply don't work.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    added expense for a whole lot of nothing. or worse, a whole lot of costly repairs later due to engine damage. keep clear of those additives, they simply don't work.
    Specially those additives with Teflon.

engine energizer