New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mga tsikoters tanong ko lang kasi nagpalit nako ng engine support. tapos ngayon yung engine ko parang nagslip dun sa engine support. Pano po kaya yun?ano po ba dapat kong gawin?

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Can you put it more in details, how. Economically wise, if you change your engine your motor mount must change it too. Never say hindi pa naman sira kaya okey pa kapag sira nga na yan parts and labor uli.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cfatchma View Post
    Mga tsikoters tanong ko lang kasi nagpalit nako ng engine support. tapos ngayon yung engine ko parang nagslip dun sa engine support. Pano po kaya yun?ano po ba dapat kong gawin?
    Are you sure the engine has moved? If so, either the supports were not put in properly (for certain supports, the engine should be jacked while they're being installed), or they're crappy supports and the rubber has settled.

Many non-branded or off-branded supports have very soft rubber. If you want a good support, either get an original one from the manufacturer, or buy a performance support (or a cruven or M7 made poly or solid rubber one... but these are kinda hard).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ilan ba ang engine support ng car mo? lahat pinalitan? pa checko mo uli sa shop na nagkabit ng new support. baka di maayos ang pagkabit.

yung sa car ko, 4 ang support nya. so far, isa pa lang pinalitan ko, yung sa harap lang. kelangan kasi i-lift ang engine para palitan ang remaining 3 supports.

tama rin sabi ni niky, ok ba yung rubber ng nabiling supports.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    kapag po nagpalit ka ng engine support, at hindi align, madali pong masira. at saka po ramdam mo pag disalign... nagnyari kasi sa car ko yan.. medyo mahina kumatak at mabigat parang ganun.... pa check mo na lang po ulit, as the masters said... ni-li-lift po kasi yun engine pag nagpalit ng support...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cfatchma View Post
    For clarity. Is the engine original to the chassis that is mounted on?
    Nagslip do you mean bumagsag or baka nagsettle lang siya sa mounting?
    Lahat ba ng nuts and bolt nagmatch?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Well as I experiment and tried to lift the engine using a car jack, holding the jack on its position, mejo umurong pabalik to its original place yung engine support. Then I was trying to look for misattached screw, Mejo niyugyug ko yung makina by holding to the metal part of the engine support (Carjack supporting the engine). Ayun, nagiislip yung metal part ng engine support sa may rubber part ng engine support.

So I release the carjack napo. knowing that engine support is almost on the center. tapos testing stage. A few kilometer run with bump and humps, ayun, balik nanamn sya sa pwesto nya na umurong.

Anyway I'll Try to post some pics tomorrow para at least my visual din. Sorry po mahina po ako sa explanation. hehehe hindi po kasi ako ganon kagaling sa mga parts ng sasakyan hehehe...

BTW, I was wondering din kase that is it possible that yung spring ng kotse is not allign? Or the shock maybe? Kase when I measure yung gulong to the fender on my left part mejo mababa sya compared dun sa Right side.

Is it possible that this is the cause of the misalignment?

When the shop changes the engine support, they lift naman yung engine.

4 engine support are attached. 1 lang po pinalitan ko on the left side since yun lang po my problema.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Eto napo yung pic.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ey bro, mukhang masama din ata yung engine mount na nabili mo. (or either its not the right one..) but by just looking at the picture, nag si-slip away from its main casing ang rubber part ng engine mount! mukhang ni-retoke yung na kuha mo!

aite, peace.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Actually, its a branded replacement that Tru Car Stuff had suggest against the oem. so far it lessen the vibration on the car. The thing is Iam worried kasi when ever I pass thru a bumpy road, mejo tumutunog yung sa my left wheel possible that cv joint maybe damage. Another thing is the measurement from the tire to its fender is much lower aproximately 3 1/2 finger against the other side which is on the driver side with 4 1/2 fingers.

Tapos I tried to fix it by myself by lifting the engine on the left side using a jack then turns out that the engine support slides back to its original state.
    After po nun, I try to run the car around 20 kilometers in bumpy road, nawala yung ingay sa my left part. After few hours nag re-run po ako, then stopped at a gas station kase my tumutunog nanamn sa my left part of the wheel, then tiningnan ko yung engine support ayun, balik nanaman sa disalignment.

My conclusion is since the space of the left part from the wheel to the fender is much smaller than the other side, it is possible that the spring is more likely different from the other one kaya hindi balance.

Question:
    Possible po kaya yung conclusion ko?

Thanks po.

aite, peace.[/quote]

Engine alignment