New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    fellow tsikoteers, I recently had a change oil and and made an error. I requested the guy handling my vehicle na dagdagan pa yung oil bec the dip stick's marker hasn't reached max. He poured more oil til the dip stick reached the desired level. After several days, I checked the dip stick. Its about 1/2 inch above the max level. Too much oil. Will this cause problems in my engine and other parts?

If its gonna damage the engine, then I'll have to reduce the oil. Pano ko babawasan? Thanks in advance.

Vehicle - Honda civic 96 vti

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    yes, it will cause some in your engine. first is oil frothing. next is excess load in your engine's internal parts which is stressful on your engine.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan_sheek View Post
    fellow tsikoteers, I recently had a change oil and and made an error. I requested the guy handling my vehicle na dagdagan pa yung oil bec the dip stick's marker hasn't reached max. He poured more oil til the dip stick reached the desired level. After several days, I checked the dip stick. Its about 1/2 inch above the max level. Too much oil. Will this cause problems in my engine and other parts?

If its gonna damage the engine, then I'll have to reduce the oil. Pano ko babawasan? Thanks in advance.

Vehicle - Honda civic 96 vti

the effects are:1. as mentioned by sirboss, causes frothing- foam does not lubricate the bearings properly,
    2. it causes engine vibrations at mid to higher speeds, 3. it causes burning oil and might lead to clogged exhaust system, 4. the spark plugs will accumulate oil build up, 5. it makes exhaust gases bluish white and 6. you lose engine power output

4. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Thanks for the replies mga bros. It seems di talaga pwede pabayaan na ganito kataas ang oil level. I'll be going to a near gas station to have the vehicle lifted and remove the drain bolt.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    leaks at gasketed joints and seals aside from overheating due to frothing of the oil. once the oil froths, it loses its lubricating properties.

only way is to drain the excess via the drain plug.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Thanks everyone. Binawasan ko na via drain plug. Finally, peace of mind.

effects of too much engine oil