New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi,I havent used my car for about 8 months because I was abroad but I have a mechanic who periodically starts and operates it to avoid having more problems.

before I left though I started having starting problems with the car... The car would not start and I would have to pump the gasoline pedal in order for it to start. Kapag mainit na yung makina, wala na siyag problems.

When I got back after an 8 month absence, the problem became worse... now I notice that there is white smoke coming from the tailpipe after starting pero nawawala agad ito. I had to change the ful filter where we discovered na "panis" na yung gasoline ko, but the problem still persists and it occurs if I let the car stand for a long time such as starting early monring or if I go see someone for a long time, hirap na siya magstart right after.

What can be the problem here. It reminds me of the old carburator car systems where the gasoline would need to be pumped into the engine in order to start, kaso, in this case, fuel injected itong car.

Thank you

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Hi,I havent used my car for about 8 months because I was abroad but I have a mechanic who periodically starts and operates it to avoid having more problems.

before I left though I started having starting problems with the car... The car would not start and I would have to pump the gasoline pedal in order for it to start. Kapag mainit na yung makina, wala na siyag problems.

When I got back after an 8 month absence, the problem became worse... now I notice that there is white smoke coming from the tailpipe after starting pero nawawala agad ito. I had to change the ful filter where we discovered na "panis" na yung gasoline ko, but the problem still persists and it occurs if I let the car stand for a long time such as starting early monring or if I go see someone for a long time, hirap na siya magstart right after.

What can be the problem here. It reminds me of the old carburator car systems where the gasoline would need to be pumped into the engine in order to start, kaso, in this case, fuel injected itong car.

Thank you

Have it run a fuel pressure test. This sounds like a fuel pump check valve problem, if the fuel is not kept in the filter and lines by the check valve it drains back into the fuel tank and causes the kind of problems you are having, you can check this by hooking up a fuel pressure guage at the test port on the fuel manifold that supplies fuel to the injectors, run the engine and shut it down, note the fuel pressure at shut down (with the test guage hooked up), walk away for an hour, come back and check the pressure, it should not have dropped more than 5 PSI. If the pressure drops you found the problem, bad news is the check valve is in the pump, the pump is in the gas tank. If not thats good too, at least you eliminated some of the probable caused.

Duel injected car hirap magstart