New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Is it better to refuel weekly as opposed to doing it monthly? This is assuming you only use up 1 full tank monthly. The reason being you get fresher diesel fuel.

Is it also better refuel when tank is near empty or below 1/4 level so you'll have more fresh fuel? Rather than mix old fuel with new ones?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diesel does not go stale but there is a chance of bacterial and fungi growth in the tank that can cause the filter to clog up. This is of course a concern only if you fill up from a station that is prone to floods, or get their fuel from illegal sources (e.g., smuggled diesel from tankers because this fuel is transported using barges with dirty tanks or even have sea water in them). Fortunately for most stations this is not the case. So for as long as you fill up from the better stations then you can keep that diesel in the tank for even a year with no concerns.

in case you just need to be sure there are additives that kill bacteria and fungi in diesel. I think i saw 1 before at handyman.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    as per our experience sa ibang gensets namin... pag tumagal ang diesel fuel for at least 3-4months... parang nag seseperate yung diesel at bio diesel...

parang coconut like....

kaya we recommend sa mga clients namin na to change diesel every 2-3 months...

drain then palitan nalang nila ng bago... tapos yung diesel eh gamitin nalang nila sa ibang bagay....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    as per our experience sa ibang gensets namin... pag tumagal ang diesel fuel for at least 3-4months... parang nag seseperate yung diesel at bio diesel...

parang coconut like....

drain then palitan nalang nila ng bago... tapos yung diesel eh gamitin nalang nila sa ibang bagay....
    pwede din haluin nalang yung diesel kung madami masyado.

normally our GS have like 2 x 18k liters tank. so on a regular basis we recirculate the diesel so that the item above will not happen.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I always make it a habit to refill diesel if it is half empty or 1/4 tank full at the very least to avoid contamination. Nasa ilalim kasi ng diesel tank mga sludge.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    in case you just need to be sure there are additives that kill bacteria and fungi in diesel. I think i saw 1 before at handyman.
    OT:

Biocides, I'm looking for those too. Our concern dati is diesel fuel stored in the tanks of a yacht.

BTT:

Diesel won't go stale in a month or two.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    OT:

Biocides, I'm looking for those too. Our concern dati is diesel fuel stored in the tanks of a yacht.

BTT:

Diesel won't go stale in a month or two.
    I have a contact in HK who sells these to Chinese mining companies. He's looking for a distributor here.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Can he sell on retail basis?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Can he sell on retail basis?
    Shipping will kill you Give me an idea of how many CCs you need and I'll contact him.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post

parang coconut like....

You can thank PGMA and her approval of the CLEAN AIR LAW... ironically which still lets petrochem companies sell euro2/3 diesel fuels and not the cleaner euro4 standard fuels.

Does diesel fuel go stale in a month?