New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    meron na bang nakapag mod ng ganto sa ride nila?

any info?

TY

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang ganito ba? :hihihi:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sir empy di po ganyan un ung when u hit the breaks the engine will autmatically die after a few seconds of idling then when u hit gas it will automatically start.. i saw a feature of this of the bmw 1 series nde ko sure ha kung sa 5th gear ko nakita or sa DW tv. I was told pwede i mod ang current engines to use this feature. for more fuel economy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ah, i see. bakit walang ganung feature ang USDM 1-series??! :seeth:

does it really save fuel kung start-stop driving? i can see it helping if you spend a lot of time stopped at red lights, pero kung stop-go manila driving...i wonder

anyway, pede siguro i retrofit yan....seems like it's just an enhanced engine kill/start switch...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    yes it does save fuel and increase your mileage by 5-10%

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i think with the stop and go traffic here in manila, that system would be very difficult, IMO

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is an advanced feature that requires a microcontroller. A diy-er would have to be some sort of electronic wizard to build it.

It was easy to integrate the feature on 1-series because of its system design, and only software upgrade would do it. The engine start/stop is software-controlled in the first place, not the old-fashioned keyswitch-relay hardwiring.
    Last edited by kinyo; August 24th, 2008 at 11:52 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    diba push button yung classic beetle?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    It is an advanced feature that requires a microcontroller. A diy-er would have to be some sort of electronic wizard to build it.

It was easy to integrate the feature on 1-series because of its system design, and only software upgrade would do it. The engine start/stop is software-controlled in the first place, not the old-fashioned keyswitch-relay hardwiring.
    aah...good point about the relay issue, i didn't think of that. yep, it looks like it wont be worth it, especially for just 5-10% of fuel savings...

DIY Auto Start/Stop Matic like BMW series 1