New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Anyone here tried diesel tuning kits? this is a plug and play digital tuning kit between the ecu and the pump. they say it can add 30% increase in horsepower and increase in torque without the use of chips. Do you think his is a good upgrade and is it wrth it?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I have MAL crd2 powerbox in my 2.0L crdi engine for more than a year now. Nakakabit po ito between common rail & ecu. HP & torque ay mararamdaman mo talaga ang pinagkaiba kompara sa hindi nakakabit ang box. Mas smooth ang accelaration especially during overtaking. How much HP & Torque added to my engine is I don't know. I don't want to spend money for dyno just to find the numbers. Kung gusto mo ng enhancement & willing to spend some 150 - 200 EU something then go for it. Mine was 206 euro purchased locally in germany. Maraming brand sa market just for you to pick which one is suited for your application. Good luck. Drive safely.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    I have MAL crd2 powerbox in my 2.0L crdi engine for more than a year now. Nakakabit po ito between common rail & ecu. HP & torque ay mararamdaman mo talaga ang pinagkaiba kompara sa hindi nakakabit ang box. Mas smooth ang accelaration especially during overtaking. How much HP & Torque added to my engine is I don't know. I don't want to spend money for dyno just to find the numbers. Kung gusto mo ng enhancement & willing to spend some 150 - 200 EU something then go for it. Mine was 206 euro purchased locally in germany. Maraming brand sa market just for you to pick which one is suited for your application. Good luck. Drive safely.
    mga magkano yung mga ganito sir?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks for the reply. was looking at the internet and saw lots of boxes usually made in europe where we see a lot of diesel engines. i'm thinking of getting one for my chevy captiva 2.0 vcdi. by the way what's your engine/ride?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    thanks for the reply. was looking at the internet and saw lots of boxes usually made in europe where we see a lot of diesel engines. i'm thinking of getting one for my chevy captiva 2.0 vcdi. by the way what's your engine/ride?
    Mine is tucson 4x2 crdi. You can check the ASA-ECO CR box made by ASA Autotechnik Saretz of Germany. Mas mura ang model na ito and according to users are more than enough for their needs. Meron din sila mas expensive model and discount promo sa member ng tucsondrivers club (you can read the actual/comprehensive review of a senior member from UK regarding this enhancement box). Sadly nakabili na ako ng ibang brand ahead of the offer.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Locally, you have a choice of plug-and-play kits... but for best performance, I'd suggest you get one that can be dyno-tuned to your engine here in the Philippines.

The cheapest I've seen so far in the Philippines is the V-tech Redbox (has been dyno-tested and proven)... but the Unichip doesn't cost that much more, and can be specifically custom tuned to your car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Just to add link to that review :http://www.tucsondrivers.com/resources/itza_review.htm

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Good or bad, tuning kits are a modification to the engine's original equipment. Vehicle warranty may be voided if the service dealer sees this in the car.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Good or bad, tuning kits are a modification to the engine's original equipment. Vehicle warranty may be voided if the service dealer sees this in the car.
    This one is "plug and play with adjustable settings". Just remove the kit before you drive your car to casa (this is just less than 5 minute job). The original ecu setting of your car is not modified so that diagnostic scan gauge will not detect anything about the enhancement box.

For optimal performance, you can adjust the settings during dyno test assuming that you want to spend additional bucks.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mostly here has CRDI units. How about for Crosswinds?

Sabi kasi sakin, walang tune-up and mga diesel engines unlike sa gasoline engines na replacing spark plugs and all that.

Ung pinaka tune-up na daw is to have the Oil Changed, Replace Oil, Air, Fuel Filters

tip naman po! thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Diesel tuning kit