New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    This evening I try to check my oil before starting my engine. I notice that its not in the right level. Then I started the engine and open the oil filler cap and notice smoke coming out. smoke also come out in the Dipstick while the engine is running. and there is a sound like somebody is using a type writer. What could be the problem? 4bja1 engine...

BTW can somebody point me a good diesel mechanic near San Juan, shaw blvd area. thanks...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1997 View Post
    This evening I try to check my oil before starting my engine. I notice that its not in the right level. Then I started the engine and open the oil filler cap and notice smoke coming out. smoke also come out in the Dipstick while the engine is running. and there is a sound like somebody is using a type writer. What could be the problem? 4bja1 engine...

BTW can somebody point me a good diesel mechanic near San Juan, shaw blvd area. thanks...
    Timing belt po ba yan. Nangyari sa amin dati e nag-slide ang timing belt namin na naging cause ng pagsala ng timing kaya nag tunog type writer din po sya.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kokey View Post
    Timing belt po ba yan. Nangyari sa amin dati e nag-slide ang timing belt namin na naging cause ng pagsala ng timing kaya nag tunog type writer din po sya.
    Timing gear po...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Not sure about the specs of your particular engine but if a valve adjustment has not been done recently, it probably is time.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Not sure about the specs of your particular engine but if a valve adjustment has not been done recently, it probably is time.
    I plan to do that today... sana hindi malala yung problem ko... Wala naman po aoil sa radiator... hindi din po maitim usok sa tambutso...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Smoke coming out of the dipstick sounds serious.

How many km have your engine run?

Malakas ba sa oil (more than 1-liter/5000km)?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    You just started the engine.
    Cold pa siya and hasnt expanded yet. The piston rings hasnt flexed to give a tight seal. You havent given it load and sufficient RPM.
    Try it again if it has reached normal operating temperature.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    One more!
    Put enough oil first.
    Oil is important for sealing compression gaps.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Had it check to 3 different mechanic.. all diagnostic leads to overhaul... and it will cost more or less 20K... What parts to be replaced when overhauling? Can you give me advice on where to get an overhaul? preferably San Juan shaw blvd area... thanks...

Sad thing is I bought this car 2nd hand and it did not emit smoke during our inspection... and I really don't have the money to have it fixed...

Consume less than 1 Litter for the span of 3 months or 3500KM...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Think positive!
    Mechanics should not make a call of general overhaul until they have atleast removed the cylinder head. For what you know baka c.gasket, valves, valve guides and seats.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Diesel Engine help(smoke on oil filler cap)