New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    there was a thread before that you can use delo gold for gas engines. however some commented that delo gold is monograde (sae40) and its not compatible.

now that theres this 15w-40, is it compatible with gas engine?
    sabi kasi nila e mas maganda cleaning action ng diesel oil than gas engine oil.

any comments??

thank you

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yung officemate ko ganyan pinalagay nya sa Rav4 nya. Mukang wala naman sya reklamo AFAIK.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    thats what the casa is putting in my ride, so its up to par, i guess

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    docpete,
    whats yur ride?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Yung lancer singkit ko dati, 3 times ako nagpa-change oil na ang pinalit is yung total ng diesel engine oil. Never had any problems with it naman, and sabi ng mekaniko ko ok lang daw yun.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May DELO na designed for fleet applications. Ewan ko lang kung iyan yun. It will work for gas and diesel engines. So that fleetmasters don't have to stock different oils for the different vehicles in the motorpool.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    diesel engines uses SAE 40 before, now that we have the SAE 15W-40, most diesel engines especially generator sets uses this because it have a higher viscosity than the plain SAE 40. This were formulated to compensate for the increase of temperature of oil wherein the viscosity decreases when oil temperature increases. Ang scenario ng 15W-40, kapag uminit ang oil na ito at bumaba yung viscosity, eksakto pa rin sa viscosity na SAE 40 kasi mataas nga ito. Ang result, tama pa rin ang lubrication at eksakto , but in the case of gasoline engine, sobra taas ng 15W-40 compared sa SAE 30 na pang gasoline/ kung bago engine mo di mo makikita ang effect, pag nagtagal at medyo luma na baka dun mo makita ang negative results. I suggest na hwag gamitin ito kasi pang industrial diesl engine ito ginagamit. Mas maganda kung sundin yung nasa manual.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    gas oil for gas engines and diesel oil for diesel engines. what could be simpler?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4985

Quote Originally Posted by roydok
    Oil Name : Delo Gold Multigrade
    Blend : Type 2 Base Oil
    Rating : API CH-4, CG-4, SJ
    Viscosity : 15W-40
    Retail Price : P135.00 per liter
    Recommended for what types of Diesel Ride: All including gasoline

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Your service manual should indicate what type of oil to use in particular circumstances. Generally, oil grade is driven by ambient operating conditions. Hence, monograde 40W oil is used when ambient temp is =>40 degrees (like metro manila). multigrade oils like 15W-50 are used for temperate countries. 15W means 15 degrees winter. You need oil with low viscosity for the engine to turn while cold.

I thought about this when I asked a friend who was in the racing circuit what type of oil he used for his bimmers. His response was Delo Gold 40W. He also mentioned that he changes oil every quarter regardless of km readings. Now you know benefits of frequent oil change.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Delo Gold 15w-40