New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kunwari you do all the usual upgrades to make the car rally-worthy, pero ung engine nya, either stock, or maybe a more powerful engine(but CRDi based pa rin) would it hold up against the usual rally setup? so far only the hyundai accent comes to mind. pwede rin siguro ung getz. ung matrix, hmmm....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Depends. Rally cars, even in "low" tune, like the jWRC have around 250+ hp.

The jWRC cars use 1600cc engines with over 200hp. WRC cars have 300+hp from 2000cc turbos... engine displacement is limited.

A CRDi engined car could rally under "street class" or unlimited rules. It could be competitive if you could bump the tuning up to 200hp (not really that difficult with 2.0 turbodiesels) or even better, at least 250hp. But it'll never be at the front of the pack.

The VW cup features turbodiesel cars... but that one has a lot of rules and regulations regarding weight and modifications... this is to allow VWs of many different model types, engine types, sizes and model years to compete.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the VW touaregs AFAIK are CRDI diesels.

and the audi R10 racecar which recently won a major motorsports event as well, being the 1st diesel to do so.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i doubt if the D4-D can compete hehehehe (j/k).

yes CRDi can be used in rallys. its just how you configure them and the vehicle itself to provide max power output.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    jim: hahahahaha! good one!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw... a BMW X5 Diesel is the top finisher for the diesel truck category at last year's Dakar Rally.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i don't think pwede ang mga crdi sa mga rally.
    baka masira lang or mabasa pag nagkatakbuhan
    na dahil sa mga dispersals at mga water cannons.

pwede rin siguro, pero dun mo i-park sa medyo malayo.

hehehe.
    mukhang ibang rally yata ang pinag-uusapan nyo.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, I was referring to the WRC, but yeah, I'd forgotten about the Paris Dakar... the X5 really kicks butt in that one... although BMW are still a step behind Mitsubishi's awesome Pajero.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup tama yung DAKAR Rally ang good example.

*nugundam93: joke lang yun bossing. baka mabatukan tayo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Personally, I was referring to the WRC, but yeah, I'd forgotten about the Paris Dakar... the X5 really kicks butt in that one... although BMW are still a step behind Mitsubishi's awesome Pajero.
    bro...

the Pajero/Montero & L200 were using a 270hp 4.0L MIVEC V6 engine... while the X5 is the diesel variant... I wonder how the X5 would fare should they opt to use their 360hp 4.8L V8 engines...

in terms of diesel technology, the Europeans are a step above their Japanese counterparts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CRDi: pwede kaya pang rally?