New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've seen new Hyundais, BMWs and Toyotas smoke... I think it has a lot to do with fuel quality in this country... not with the technology itself.

RE: ECUs... while it can happen, and often does, ECU failure is quite uncommon...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Drave View Post
    Q lang, Dieseldude.

I have 2 crdi vehicles right now, a 2.5 strada and a 3.0 everest. Mabango ang exhaust ng strada, hindi masakit sa ilong, pero sa everest, parang ordinary lang. Pareho namang silang hindi mausok. I also fill them up with the same diesel brand. What could be the reason for this?
    yan din ang question ko wayback sa thread ko noon but unfortunately medyo napagtawan Anyway…. To follow up dieseldude, lalo na ang isuzu non crdi’s but direct injection naman, bakit talagang masakit sa ilong kahit di maitim? while yung mga 4d56 and other indirect injection parang init lang ang labas? Thanks

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmmm... Di kaya maraming nagkaka-asthma dahil sa diesel na ganito ang usok o talagang lahat ng diesel?
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir Niky add ko lang.

ECU don'ts

1. don't try be clever and open it
    2. never cut battery while in ignition
    3. never use 12 volt trouble lights/probe
    4. don't drop it
    5. only use relays that is oem to that ECU

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    anybody wants a 4jx1 engine with computer box? baka gusto nyo gawing testing ground.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Deleted due to double posting.
    Last edited by Dieseldude; January 8th, 2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: Double posting

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Q lang, Dieseldude.

I have 2 crdi vehicles right now, a 2.5 strada and a 3.0 everest. Mabango ang exhaust ng strada, hindi masakit sa ilong, pero sa everest, parang ordinary lang. Pareho namang silang hindi mausok. I also fill them up with the same diesel brand. What could be the reason for this?[/quote]

Each engine manufacturer has it's own preference on combustion design like compression ratio, injection timing, fuelling, air boost, etc.

This accounts for the reason why each make & model has it's own characteristic exhaust scent, noise level, and fuel consumption curve.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hmmm... Di kaya maraming nagkaka-asthma dahil sa diesel na ganito ang usok o talagang lahat ng diesel?[/quote]

By law, these new diesel cars would not have been allowed into the country if they didn't conform to our emission laws.

Smoke could be caused by so many factors:
    1. As Niky posted, poor quality fuel could be a reason. This has to be validated though.
    2. Poor engine maintenance.
    3. Engine modifications.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    i have starex 01 model.. and last december had it registered.. during the emission testing the guy really reved the engine really hard.. this emissions testing center is the one near the LTO tagaytay...i think the guy was really trying to fail my starex.. but there was no hint of smoke at all.. i should have taken a video of it. the guy really reved up the engine a few times..but no smoke at all. and the results was 0.10 on the emissions machine.. my question then is how far ahead is the emissions of a CRDi engine compared to my TCI starex? is there a totally different grading system?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Cocoy,

Yes there are various levels of emission standards. If my memory serves me right, Euro 2 is our country's present emission standard. Some countries use Euro 4 and/or 5 which are a lot stricter.

Whereas the TCI is Euro 2 compliant, most CRDI engines are Euro4 compliant.
    CRDIs will definitely be cleaner burning engines.

Bye Dieseldude

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
CRDi Maintenance Questions & Other Discussions [Thread]