New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    It happened again today. After running a kilometer from cold start, the idling goes up again to 1400. I did not do anything and after probably another kilometer, it went back to normal. I did not do any fix yet but I hope I can bring to my my trusted mechanic to fix it. The only problem is I might brought it to him without the idling issue since it intermittent.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dongsky07 View Post
    It happened again today. After running a kilometer from cold start, the idling goes up again to 1400. I did not do anything and after probably another kilometer, it went back to normal. I did not do any fix yet but I hope I can bring to my my trusted mechanic to fix it. The only problem is I might brought it to him without the idling issue since it intermittent.
    This really reminds me of the erratic idling of my ESi prior to cleaning throttle body and iacv. But before kasi nun pina-timing ko muna so I'm not sure which of the above-mentioned items really fixed the problem.

No worries. Erratic idling is a common problem in old EFI engines. Buti nga sayo intermittent lang. But still, have it fixed for peace of mind.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks isa1023. I hope that basic cleaning will do the job. I'll also ask the mechanic to check if timing is needed.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    quality of fuel in the last re-fuel station?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Update:

I had my throttle and sensors cleaned and changed my fuel filter in Speedlab last Saturday. I spent 750 for the cleaning and 800 for the filter and labor. I also changed my oil from 20W-50 mineral to 10W-40 semi synthetic. As of now, there hasn't been any issues with the idling and the engine runs smooth. Hope everything is already OK.

Thanks for your replys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Corolla Idling Issues from cold start