New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    i dipped the sensor in tap water right now and the resistance is currently at 1.63 kohms...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    would a bad head gasket cause high idle? suspected kasi na masama ang head gasket ng corollang ito...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by carguy101 View Post
    would a bad head gasket cause high idle? suspected kasi na masama ang head gasket ng corollang ito...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    start with the obvious and simple ones first. don't wish for a major damage. if the cylinder head gasket was leaking, it could
    a. create a misfire
    b. leak fluids
    c. leak gases.
    d. engine run too hot
    e. lose coolant
    f. engine oil emulsification (milkshake)

so far you have no mention of any of the above. don't wish for an unnecessary expense and inconvenience

4. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    start with the obvious and simple ones first. don't wish for a major damage. if the cylinder head gasket was leaking, it could
    a. create a misfire
    b. leak fluids
    c. leak gases.
    d. engine run too hot
    e. lose coolant
    f. engine oil emulsification (milkshake)

so far you have no mention of any of the above. don't wish for an unnecessary expense and inconvenience
    well, coolant kasi is bubbling if you start it in the morning. (will post pic tom) and theres this sound when the engine is hot (parang boiling water)

anyway, forgot to mention how i checked the iacv. from here: http://alflash.com.ua/idlet.htm i checked the resistance when hot terminal RSC is at 17 ohms RSO is at 23 ohms. I also checked if the valve works by connecting B to the battery and RSO/RSC and tumataas and bumababa naman ang idle... perhaps a computer scanning would identify the problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12