New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Hello all,

I have a 2003 Toyota Revo 2.0 GSX, and it is under 70t km only. Body condition is "super fresh" as most would say. The problem is, it is a gas guzzler! I have already converted it to an LPG, and no problems since 2007.

But even running on LPG, the fuel consumption is still the same.

I would like to seek your advice if it is feasible to convert it to a diesel engine, like the newer ones. What changes should I look out for? Actually I dont know where or how to start. If I talk to my casa advisor, he would immediately tell me to sell it (to him) and get a new innova!

Maraming salamat sirs and mams for your inputs.

Drive carefully.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    sir, baba ang resale value pag ng change engine kayo but it's up to you if you want to keep it for a long use it for a long time, mabuti pa benta niyo na lang,

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Ok. Thanks very much sa advice sir. Will keep that in mind. God bless

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauper Prince View Post
    Hello all,

But even running on LPG, the fuel consumption is still the same.
    This is a common misconception. When one converts his vehicle to LPG, it does not make the consumption better. How could that be when you are still using the same engine? The savings is felt in the pump price. Premium Unleaded would be around P55/liter while Automotive LPG would be around P37/liter. That is where the "savings" is.

Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    sir, baba ang resale value pag ng change engine kayo but it's up to you if you want to keep it for a long use it for a long time, mabuti pa benta niyo na lang,
    +1 to this.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    sir im also interested to do engine swap on our revo... gusto din namin maging diesel... can anyone give us idea how much will it cost materials and labor... naondoy kasi ang auto namin kaya ndi na mabebenta sa magandang presyo.. kung gagastusan namin, we might as well get a diesel engine... i know most will say to sell it and get a diesel.. pero sana gusto ko makarining ng opinion sa mga taong nakapag engine swap na... thanks in advance...

Convertion from Gas to Diesel Engine on a Revo