New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Patanong naman: our '89 Corolla XL seems to ruin contact points at an alarming rate -- around 3 - 4 in less than a year. Kakapalit lang ng contact point a few weeks ago, and now i notice na hindi pino ung takbo -- parang bumbugso bugso ung takbo -- we suspect it's the contact point again.

i've been using original Toyota CPs since way back, so i doubt if it's substandard quality. i suspect that the busted CPs are just symptoms of a bigger problem. Any thoughts?

Also...suspetsa ko this is just kuwentong barbero...somebody told me that problems with the CP are the usual causes for cars to catch on fire; totoo ba to?

tia

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pag-install ng bago, tama ba gap? If so, maybe it's something with the electrical system, eg, luma na wiring ng ignition system?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    pwuede mo naman i convert yan sa electronic ignition kung gusto mo ,or pag nagpalit ng CP palit din ng CONDENSER.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i haven't had the time to take a look at the CP...will do mamaya

come to think of it, i can't remember the last time the condenser was replaced; could a faulty condenser be wrecking the CP?

magkano po kaya to convert to electronic ignition?

contact point question