New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Started to maintain my vehicle outside the casa and just found out that there are counterfeit oils being sold in the market. Question is, how to know if they are counterfeit or not? Bought Castrol Edge 5w-40 Fully Synthetic for my Toyota Fortuner and quite worried if the 7 liters that I bought are not the real deal. Bought 1gal for 2850 and additional 3 liters for 2175. Nasa presyo din ba iyon malalaman if pirated or not?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by froshie1 View Post
    Started to maintain my vehicle outside the casa and just found out that there are counterfeit oils being sold in the market. Question is, how to know if they are counterfeit or not? Bought Castrol Edge 5w-40 Fully Synthetic for my Toyota Fortuner and quite worried if the 7 liters that I bought are not the real deal. Bought 1gal for 2850 and additional 3 liters for 2175. Nasa presyo din ba iyon malalaman if pirated or not?
    Buy from reputable stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    naging issue kasi dati sa castrol eh yung mismo subdealer ang nandudugas. Pinapalitan ng iba or parang may hinahalo. Ang nagparaid mismo eh castrol philippines.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Buy from reputable stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    this!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    this!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Yeah.. here in las pinas i buy oils from Kingsport autosupply.. they even have oils from car manufacturers.. i know its legit coz i won the caltex raffle from them. Hehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Usually may Castrol holographic sticker seal once you opened the cap. I had been using Castrol Magnatec 10w-40 on my previous ride for almost a decade. The engine was still in A1 condition when I sold it.