New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    guys good day to all tsikoteers...im having a problem during starting up my car (1.3cc carb 4g13) when im starting my car i noticed cold start rpm does not climb up...but after 3 mins. it will turn normal idle again guys what do you think where do i start?? thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    You need to clean or replace the idle speed control. cleaning will probably work, they get carboned up and stick under certain circumstances only on cold starts as for as I have ever seen.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eiganram View Post
    guys good day to all tsikoteers...im having a problem during starting up my car (1.3cc carb 4g13) when im starting my car i noticed cold start rpm does not climb up...but after 3 mins. it will turn normal idle again guys what do you think where do i start?? thanks in advance
    rpm does not climb up...but after 3 mins it will turn normal idle again...

If the RPM does not climb up then it is, I presume, in the normal idle. Medyo magulo ata.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    start from checking the electrical choke

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    tnks for the replies!!! sir saan ko po makikita yung idle speed control??? sorry im not familiar with the carb.. thanks again...

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eiganram View Post
    tnks for the replies!!! sir saan ko po makikita yung idle speed control??? sorry im not familiar with the carb.. thanks again...
    The ISC is on the right side of the throttle body, on the top of the engine toward the back. It has a tan plastic plug connecting to the harness(some late model have a black plastic).

ISC. It may not exact as yours, just an idea.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    its a carb engine. it does not have isc.

are you experiencing something like this...
    - cold start... crank
    - engine starts but like coughing (you need to pump gas pedal several times - engine may or may not die)
    - after a few pumps/seconds/minutes idle becomes normal even engine is not fully warmed up
    - all these happen regardless of how your idle and idle up was set and no matter what tune up you do

i had a similar case... it turned out i had an ignition problem (weak spark). open your distributor cap and check rotors and cap terminals for corrosion. take out the corrosion by sanding or a small 6v/12v handy grinder (just the corrosion) and some carb cleaner.

kundi na kaya ng linis, replace them both. have your htw checked as well. how long have you been using your htw? mitsu suggests replacement of htw every 5 years

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It could be a stuck thermostat valve (stuck open), preventing the recirculation of coolant back to the engine to accelerate warmup. Symptoms include rough idling when cold that will eventually normalize when the engine becomes warm.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    I'm having starting problems. it happens kapag may ginamit na electical function bago mag start, let's say, binaba ang power windows or matagal naka bukas ang door at nakailaw ang door at dome lights. Hindi nagka-crank agad yung starter, after ng tick wala lang. kapag inulit ulit tska lang mag start. mukhang ok naman ang battery ko, 12.6V ang measure ko. umiilaw din ang head lights at ibang electrical na component. ano po kaya problema? Thanks.

cold start??