New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Would anyone know where I can have a cold air intake or short ram intake installed? Same goes for the exhaust (catback) and muffler.

This is for my 2013 Kia Soul. Warranty is still until 2018 (lol), but I can't resist the urge to upgrade things that can increase my throttle response and acceleration. I couldn't find a ready-made CAI or short ram intake kits for my Soul, so I don't mind custom solutions. Nag-Google na ako ilan beses and I couldn't find shops except for Speedlab that offer these things. May ibang shops ba kayo na ma-rerecommend? They don't appear to have any web presence.

I'm also looking to upgrade my exhaust and muffler, but I would really like something that sounds quiet. At least as quiet as the stock muffler. I don't mind the change in noise but I want it relatively quiet. I'm just after the performance benefit. Then again, the free flow nature is what allows more power and noise right? I still want a reasonably good resonator that doesn't build much pressure. Is there such a thing? Additionally, would a muffler change alone provide enough of a performance benefit or should I change the catback exhaust as well?

P.S. I'm also planning some upgrades for my Swift 1.2. I'd also appreciate if anyone can direct me to good places for mild upgrades.

Any useful inputs will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Kestana View Post
    Would anyone know where I can have a cold air intake or short ram intake installed? Same goes for the exhaust (catback) and muffler.

This is for my 2013 Kia Soul. Warranty is still until 2018 (lol), but I can't resist the urge to upgrade things that can increase my throttle response and acceleration. I couldn't find a ready-made CAI or short ram intake kits for my Soul, so I don't mind custom solutions. Nag-Google na ako ilan beses and I couldn't find shops except for Speedlab that offer these things. May ibang shops ba kayo na ma-rerecommend? They don't appear to have any web presence.

I'm also looking to upgrade my exhaust and muffler, but I would really like something that sounds quiet. At least as quiet as the stock muffler. I don't mind the change in noise but I want it relatively quiet. I'm just after the performance benefit. Then again, the free flow nature is what allows more power and noise right? I still want a reasonably good resonator that doesn't build much pressure. Is there such a thing? Additionally, would a muffler change alone provide enough of a performance benefit or should I change the catback exhaust as well?

P.S. I'm also planning some upgrades for my Swift 1.2. I'd also appreciate if anyone can direct me to good places for mild upgrades.

Autoline manila

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Autoline manila

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Late 90s what i did was bought an aftermarket muffler, brought it to SMT, they made a new set of headers, midpipe, etc, no more CC which i dont recomemend, installed my muffler, the intake i got from simota, just replaced the filter with K&N, well that was my experience

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012

You can go with K&N for your short ram intake then a Greddy N1 if you want a muffler that is not so loud, that's my setup now, deep and solid sound but not loud.
    Where is your location sir?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You can go with K&N for your short ram intake then a Greddy N1 if you want a muffler that is not so loud, that's my setup now, deep and solid sound but not loud.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Inovero View Post
    Thanks for the tip. The problem is K&N does not have a specific SRI or CAI for my 2013 Kia Soul. Does K&N have something like a universal one? I took a look at the K&N Apollo but I still think a custom pipe would be better. Please correct me if this is wrong. As for the Greddy N1, I'll look for this, but are there other models you have in mind? Low noise (can be slightly noisier than stock, *slightly*) + better than stock performance is what I'm looking for.

I'm from the Alabang and Paranaque area, but I don't mind going a bit north of the metro if necessary.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2013

try mo sir mag inquire kay Jomar Exhaust System (may FB page sila)

along las pinas sila.

kaya nila mag fabricate ng turbo charge pipes, kaya kung relocation ng air filter lang ang need mo para sa CAI, madali lang sakanila yun, basta sabihin mo lang kung saang location mo siya gustong ilagay.

kung medyo bahain ang area mo sir, kailangan mo ng by-pass valve para sa CAI (AEM lang ang alam kong brand na meron) para hindi maka higop ng tubig kapag napadaan sa baha.

regarding full exhaust upgrade (Headers,pipings, and muffler), kaya din nila yun, sabihin mo lang sir na yung muffler hindi masyadong maingay.

nagpa fabricate ako sakanila sir, N1 style muffler na long tip (google na lang po for the picture), pero tahimik, parang stock muffler lang pero sporty look. (dinadamihan nila yung butas ng chamber at mas maraming fiber glass)

ang tanong sir, baka after ng upgrades, wala ding performance gain. kindly confirm sir kung fuzzy logic yung ECU ng soul, kung fuzzy logic siya, ibig sabihin, kahit anong mods or upgrades na ikakabit, walang gain o baka mas bumaba pa yung performance. kailangan mo ng piggyback para ma-correct yung ECU settings based sa performance upgrade na nainstall.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Sir, I suggest you post about this in the TeamSwift forums. 2 or 3 of us are planning to have CAIs fabricated, and a couple others are looking for headers and exhausts so we're looking around for well-reviewed shops as well. Older members who have had extensive mods suggested a few shops that specialize in Swifts (not a lot of those unfortunately) but we haven't had time to check them out yet. Bonus: the significant discounts of a group buy

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    You still need to do ecu tuning aside from the intake/exhaust modification to maximize the upgrade. Speedlab so far has modded most of the brands out there from custom avanzas to supercharged elantras.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Speedlabs in qc they did my LC200, mustang, explorer v6 and legacy GT. they know their stuff and they have a dyno to prove the results.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    You can try Autospecs Motor Sales you can search them on facebook.