New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    guys,

may nakita ako dyan sa PriceSmart (S&R before) na motor oil galing USA...CITGO ang brand. API SL na rin rating nya and available sa 20w/50, 10w/40 and 10w/30. ok kaya ito? malapit na kse change oil ko eh...

thanks. :lol:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Popular yang brand na yan sa US.
    Havent tried it though...
    OKs na siguro yan kung API SL.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was just looking at it yesterday as well sa S&R... mura nga.

Since it has the API ratings, it should do fine for the daily driver with the oil changed regularly.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, mukhang maganda po iyan with the API SL currently the highest API rating for gasoline engines. Choose either the 20W-50 or 10W-40 SAE viscosity which is suited for our climate.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Dude, san ba yang S&R? I was just thinking of buying the product e kung malapit din sa Alabang.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Sa may makati sa loob nang fort bonifacio meron S&R. katabi nang MC DEPO.:wink:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cesar
    Dude, san ba yang S&R? I was just thinking of buying the product e kung malapit din sa Alabang.
    pare meron pricesmart sa alabang, sa may filinvest lapit sa brothers burgers

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    guys, share ko lang nag-change oil na ko sa Citgo 10w/30 (energy conserving) and noticed ko yun improvement sa engine as in mas tahimik yun engine and smoother acceleration. sa tingin nyo ba ok lang ang 10w/30? yun havoline energy kse 5w/30 eh ok naman. sabi kse ng friend ko masyado daw malabnaw yun 30, dapat daw sa phil. eh 20w/50...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Try looking at your car's manual forthe suggested SAE viscosity based on our climate. In my opinion mukhang medyo malabnaw nga po ang 10W-30.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup saw that. I guess that will be the best best motor oil buy for an average car user.

-- CITGO IS a known brand in the US
    -- It has the latest API SL rating
    -- you can choose different viscousity grades. (20w-50 for older cars, 10w-40 for newer ones)
    -- IT HAS THE BEST PRICE!! for 69.75 a quart (i dont know the conversions but assuming 1 quart ~ 1 liter, you only shell out 270 pesos for a complete change oil WITH AN API SL RATING!)
    -- WITH THAT PRICE YOU CAN EVEN SELL OUTSIDE AND COMPETE AGAINST THE KNOWN BRANDS AND PROFIT BIG TIME!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
CITGO motor oil, Php 69.75 lang per quart! ok ba to?