The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I believe there are 4 major sellers of these products

DTS/DTP
    RaceChip
    Uni Chip
    DPChip

Any current feedback on this kind of modifications?

I am not really into high performance but to improve efficiency of the engine. Better power better consumption

Can someone also give the current seller and pricing of the chips.
    Thanks

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Unichip.

Universal, can either save money by going basic (30k) or go for painless install by going plug-n-play.

Options for multiple maps (up to four separate maps), for wiring in alcohol injection triggers, launch control, etcetera.

Specifically tuned for your vehicle and mods. No over the internet guesswork or retuning. Gains tested and proven via dyno.

What else do you really need?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Unichip.

Universal, can either save money by going basic (30k) or go for painless install by going plug-n-play.

Options for multiple maps (up to four separate maps), for wiring in alcohol injection triggers, launch control, etcetera.

Specifically tuned for your vehicle and mods. No over the internet guesswork or retuning. Gains tested and proven via dyno.

What else do you really need?
    sir niky, what do you think of DP Chip? On top of the pre-programmed maps/settings, it will also be custom tuned for your vehicle during the installation via dyno run.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ]i installed dpchip from berrima diesel for my carnival. torque now is up. i can feel the difference. my carnival can now change with ease to higher gear below 2000rpm on automatic mode. dati above 2000rpm before gear shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear. ngayon at 1700-1800rpm nag upshift na siya. also the hp is up. above 3500rpm kaya pa niya mag accelerate. dati above 3500rpm wala na. fuel consumption observe ko pa though tingin ko minimal lang siguro kasi short distance travel lang ako. sarap na mag overtake sa highway.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tuazon7 View Post
    sir niky, what do you think of DP Chip? On top of the pre-programmed maps/settings, it will also be custom tuned for your vehicle during the installation via dyno run.
    Same potential, from what I've seen, and around the same price as the Unichip. Yun lang, the Unichip has expandability for other non-stock add-ons.

But for most people, it will come down to preference lang. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    ]i installed dpchip from berrima diesel for my carnival. torque now is up. i can feel the difference. my carnival can now change with ease to higher gear below 2000rpm on automatic mode. dati above 2000rpm before gear shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd gear. ngayon at 1700-1800rpm nag upshift na siya. also the hp is up. above 3500rpm kaya pa niya mag accelerate. dati above 3500rpm wala na. fuel consumption observe ko pa though tingin ko minimal lang siguro kasi short distance travel lang ako. sarap na mag overtake sa highway.

Is that a VTN turbo?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Is that a VTN turbo?
    what is VTN? my carnival which is a 2012 model only comes with an ordinary turbo. i think its waste gate turbo unlike the kia carens which is vgt.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post

I am planning to install it on a Carnival too - how much did it cost you?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    I am planning to install it on a Carnival too - how much did it cost you?
    35k 5 years warranty including the engine and tyranny. they told me also that some kia casa are official dealer of DPchip so you dont have to worry about your warranty.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Same potential, from what I've seen, and around the same price as the Unichip. Yun lang, the Unichip has expandability for other non-stock add-ons.

But for most people, it will come down to preference lang. ;)
    sir niky, OT. what do you think of sprint booster? Knew that there is no added power but just faster throttle response, but noticed that by MS smokes during hard acceleration when I have this switched ON, none when it is OFF. Berrima also told me that sprint booster tends to make the mixture lean that is why it is belching black smoke...thanks.

chip up for diesel engines