The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    at times meron nga ganto. namamatayan

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cvvrvv View Post
    Thanks for quick reply. This what Iam also thinking, to bring the car to Toyota service center. Unfortunately the service/warranty booklet was not turnover to me. This is a company car that just turnover to me. Previous owner already went abroad. and im the one who shoulders maintenance.
    The Toyota service centers should have records of your car's previous service history, assuming it was ever serviced at any Toyota casa.

I guess that should be your first stop - both to fix the CEL problem and any other things that may need fixing (but aren't readily apparent at this point).

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for your advice. Yes i will. Thanks!!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i often have this problem with my Civic 99 (probably 2-3 times a year). I really dont know whats causing this, and since i just have the car maintained at my friendly talyer, they dont have the tools to diagnose this. What I usually do is i just pull over, stop the engine, re-start and it goes away. So far the engine is still very good. KEep us updated on your progress bro.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    A lit CEL is almost certainly a problem with the vehicle emissions system. But a diagnostic tool would be able to provide a bit more perspective as to what is going on by listing the DTC(s) that triggered the CEL.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    *poorprince: sir, for civic 99, puwede po ata makuha yung error code through blink codes. may connector na shoshort sa ecu at bibilangin yung blinks ng check engine light.

hth.

[
    QUOTE=poorprince;1948522]i often have this problem with my Civic 99 (probably 2-3 times a year). I really dont know whats causing this,
    and since i just have the car maintained at my friendly talyer, they dont have the tools to diagnose this. What I usually do is i just pull over, stop the engine, re-start and it goes away. So far the engine is still very good. KEep us updated on your progress bro.[/QUOTE]

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    If your malfunction indicator lamp lights up as "CHECK ENG", it usually points to the emission system and this warrants an engine scan in the casa or special auto repair shops to pin point where in the emission system is defective. In most cases the sensors are the ones at fault. The most common emission sensor that lights up the "CHECK ENG" is the MAF (mass airflow) sensor or in other engines the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. Other sensors that can light up the CEL are the oxygen sensor, TPS (throttle position sensor), IACV (idle-air control valve) and the EGR valve. others are too minor to mention like a leak in the vacuum hoses of the throttle body going to the MAP sensor. The engine scan (MUT -multi use tester) will narrow down and pinpoint the defective sensor as well as erase the error codes in your car's ECU. Illuminated CEL will not leave you stranded on the road but will affect your fuel consumption drastically. If you cannot have your car undergo an engine scan yet, you can have your MAF sensor cleaned sparingly with an electronics contact cleaner. Disconnect your battery while cleaning your MAF sensor..If after cleaning your MAF sensor removes your illuminated CEL, then your MAF sensor is just dirty and cannot do its job. But if the CEL does not disappear after cleaning your MAF sensor, the MAF sensor must then be defective and needs replacement or there are other problem in the emission system. This is where the Engine Scan now becomes very useful...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    check engine is a malfunction indicator light. may na dedetect ang computer na abnormalities sa system kaya nailaw yan. pa scan nyo po para malaman nyo po ang trouble codes na ibibigay nya. pa print nyo din po yung freeze frame data para malaman nyo po kung paano at kailan lumabas ang trouble code na madedetect ng scanner.
    Last edited by batangtalyer; July 1st, 2012 at 02:04 AM. Reason: wrong grammar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12