New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Im new here and needs help. I got a second hand car, Toyota Vios 2006 1.3J. After two weeks on every engine start, the check engine light was light ON the dash board. Here to ask what is the best thing to handle this.

Maraming Salamat! thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Too difficult to do an exact pinpoint based on the information we know.

But in my opinion, if a 5-6 year old car is giving you a check engine light (CEL), I'd have Toyota check it because it can't be good - spotty service records on the warranty/service booklet will confirm if the previous owner was lazy with the maintenance. Who knows what else is just about ready to break?

I'll have Toyota do all necessary preventive maintenance and repairs so you can start anew with the car (kahit sa labas mo na ipa-maintain afterwards).
    Last edited by mda; June 14th, 2012 at 06:02 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Change oil ka muna then observe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    may napansin ka ba na kakaiba pag naka-idle ang auto mo? like nangangatog or parang mamamatayan ka? try mo check yung spark plugs, tension wires and sensors...

pero syempre mas ok pa din na dalhin mo sa casa or sa mas may nakakaalam...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or pwede rin nga yun spark plugs palit ka na rin... Sana makuha Sa change oil and plugs Teka Lang meron pa plugs ang vios? Ano bang kotse yun with 6 or 8 s plugs na kotse?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Off topic

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Ano bang kotse yun with 6 or 8 s plugs na kotse?
    Sa favorite brand mo yan sir shadow. Yung mga I-DSI variants. 2plugs / cyl

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Or pwede rin nga yun spark plugs palit ka na rin... Sana makuha Sa change oil and plugs Teka Lang meron pa plugs ang vios? Ano bang kotse yun with 6 or 8 s plugs na kotse?

honda city yata sir yung may 8 plugs...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    naka sakay ako ng taxi lately.. vios. naka on yung CEL nya... takbo pa din...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks for quick reply. This what Iam also thinking, to bring the car to Toyota service center. Unfortunately the service/warranty booklet was not turnover to me. This is a company car that just turnover to me. Previous owner already went abroad. and im the one who shoulders maintenance.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Yes. tumatakbo naman..no weird sounds heard at the engine. even changing gears.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast