New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Hello bros!

Am a newbie here, and this is my first post.

I would just like to know the implication/s of having the car's engine changed without going through the transfer of ownership process first.

What steps do I have to go through to avoid any legal issues if in case I go ahead with my change engine project?

Thanks so much for your help!

More power to Tsikot!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    When you register your car next year, you might be delayed coz your car's engine number on theirrecords is different from your present engine number. In this case, they will look for a " change engine" permit.

i suggest you get one para wala ng problema...gugulangan ka pa ng mga yan.
    Last edited by benchph1; March 11th, 2004 at 11:37 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't have any first-hand experience on this but here's what I know.

1. kung binili mo yung makina from a second-hand engine dealer (like Cinco), ang alam ko dapat may import papers na ibibigay sa'yo ang vendor ng second-hand engine. this import papers indicates that the engine came in to the country thru legal channels. (tax paid, etc. etc....)

2. kung pinalitan mo na yung engine mo before your month of registration, bago mo ipa rehistro yung makina dapat ipa macro-etched (tama ba term?) mo yung engine sa LTO and present the import papers of the engine and pay all the dues required for you to have the new engine registered. As for the exact requirements, I don't know them. But definitely the LTO will ask for those import papers that the vendor gave you.

Experts, correct me if I'm wrong.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may remedyo dyan. if you don't plan to sell your car in the near future, then get several application forms for registration of motor vehicle from the LTO. then just "stencil" the old engine numbers on the correct place in the application form. presto! di mo na need ang change engine permit for your next registrations!

yun nga lang, pag i-benta mo na car mo wala ka na din lusot, kelangan mo na din yung change engine permit. OR YOU CAN JUST PUT THE OLD ENGINE BACK.

taxi ni erpats ko ganyan gawa, kuha lang ng application form sa LTO tapos stencil nila dun sa old engine, not from the engine na naka-kabit dun sa taxi.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yebo,
    dame na TMG na nagchecheck.. hinde ba un mahuhuli?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yebo, oks yan ha... at least hindi hassle...

yung isa naman naming member sa protegetech, parang pina hulma niya yung engine number niya... kasi hirap naman i stencil ng enginer number nung sa amin...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I now have an idea of how much hassle I have to go through should I continue with my project. But from what I understood based on your replies, it is still doable. I mean, it's possible to have all these legalized in spite of the hassles. Although I think the other factor that might put more hassle in it is the fact that I am still not the registered owner of the vehicle.

Anyway, thanks so much for sharing your inputs! More HP to the group!

Change engine