New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok yang castrol. been using it on our corolla for 4 years. ingat lang sa mga japeyks kasi nagkalat.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Afaik, Ok ang Castrol pag mineral oil ang gamit mo, but I've read somewhere na pagdating sa synthetic, pangit ang Castrol, pinakamaganda is Mobil 1.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Okay naman ang Castrol... ito yata yung factory fill oil for BMWs... Sila kasi yung isang main sponsor nang BMW Williams F1 team. Check out their website for more info on the company and its products.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    The reservations i have about Castrol is that whenever i use it, after 5,000km malinis pa yung oil. Usually a sign of the cleaning properties of the motor oil is that it become darker or even black after a few hundred to a thousand kms of use. Mobil 1 becomes darker after a few hundred kms of use, so does the Shell and Petron oils i've tried.

I used Castrol Semi-synth on our car during it's last oil change... now i'm trying the Mobil Drive Clean oil.
    question vinj,

when u say malinis pa yung oil (castrol) are u referring to the dipstick o sa oil tank muna. pansin ko kasi sa akin sa dipstick di pa maitim, pero pag nagchange oil na ko, kita mo maitim na lumalabas..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baurtwellXUV
    so is it good or bad bro?!
    I can't tell outright if its good or bad but it makes me think on "where did the dirt i normally see with all the other oils go"? I have a friend who also had the same thoughts when we had a meka-EB some time ago.

Buknoy Yung sa dipstick yung malinis. With the one thats drained out I can't recall anymore (with the exception of the Castrol semi-synth i tried in my brother's car, we don't use Castrol since we use Petron or Mobil usually)... if the one thats drained out is dirty then how would that happen? The dirt sediments gets accumulated at the bottom perhaps ? Any inputs on this?

But still, my bro-in-law used GTX in his car for 4 years and never had any problems...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for the 323, I just switched to Castrol Magnatec (since Caltex Energy doesn't always have stocks in DIY shops).

twice the price of regular mineral oil but lasts longer.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj
    The reservations i have about Castrol is that whenever i use it, after 5,000km malinis pa yung oil. Usually a sign of the cleaning properties of the motor oil is that it become darker or even black after a few hundred to a thousand kms of use. Mobil 1 becomes darker after a few hundred kms of use, so does the Shell and Petron oils i've tried.

I used Castrol Semi-synth on our car during it's last oil change... now i'm trying the Mobil Drive Clean oil.
    ok na ok naman sa akin ang Castrol GTX and magnatec. after few hundred km medyo nag dadark na. works for me well.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I've been using Castrol for so many years.I get better performance and the engine runs smooth and quiet.(Castrol 10/40)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    thanks for the info's peeps! castrol GTX kasi yung nabili ko...

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I use Castrol gtx sa corolla ko before, i tried mobil, i switched back to castrol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
castrol engine oil = maganda ba itong brand na to?!