New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    hi tsikoters,

Just bought a hyundai getz 2010. technically 2yrs palang siya at dapat may 3yrs warranty pa siya sa casa right? Pero I was wondering if ok lang ba siya hindi imaintain sa casa. one practical reason. mas mahal sa casa.

btw not sure kung may warranty pa siya sa casa or navoid na siya ng 1st owner, however kahit may casa warranty pa siya I was thinking na hindi na siya imaintain sa casa..

I'm a newbie guys so please bare with me.

casa vs autoshop, mas ok ba magpagawa sa casa compare sa autoshop? or same lang sila basta marunong at magaling sa kotse ang mga mekaniko?

My plan is i-casa siya once tapos the next is autoshop nalang imaintain.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ajkotse View Post
    hi tsikoters,

Just bought a hyundai getz 2010. technically 2yrs palang siya at dapat may 3yrs warranty pa siya sa casa right? Pero I was wondering if ok lang ba siya hindi imaintain sa casa. one practical reason. mas mahal sa casa.

btw not sure kung may warranty pa siya sa casa or navoid na siya ng 1st owner, however kahit may casa warranty pa siya I was thinking na hindi na siya imaintain sa casa..

I'm a newbie guys so please bare with me.

casa vs autoshop, mas ok ba magpagawa sa casa compare sa autoshop? or same lang sila basta marunong at magaling sa kotse ang mga mekaniko?

My plan is i-casa siya once tapos the next is autoshop nalang imaintain.
    there is no difference between a casa and a "reputable" auto-shop.
    and you are not obligated to do so, since second owner ka na.

but for your peace of mind, check mo kung valid pa ang warranty nya sa casa... chances are hindi na.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    depende yan sa tech and tooling sa casa karamihan mga bata ang tech, yung mga iba nga ojt pa.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    sir, i also own a Hyundai vehicle (still under warranty). what i do and will suggest is to bring your car to CASA for PMS but bring your own oil, filters and other required parts. But buy these from auto supply shops that sell OEM products (for the filters and parts) and engine oil that meets or exceeds the CASA engine oil. After much canvassing among casa shops and auto shops, more than 2x ang price mark up sa CASA for parts. Also, the CASA tends to offer Other Services that are not needed but added income for them. Avoid these offers. Just the basic PMS as per the manual. The labor price of CASA is comparable to the labor price at refutable car shops. Also, CASA technicians know your vehicle better than mechanics of car shops.

Just note that not all CASA allows the owners to bring their own parts and oil. Some do allow but charge a corkage fee (5%-20%). But there are CASA that allow without corkage fee.

But for repairs and maintenance not dealing with the engine and tranny (the two most expensive components of the car), you can have these done outside the casa. After i had the CASA inspect, estimate and suggested some repairs, I had some of the front suspension parts of my car replaced at a shop in Banawe, more than half the price of the estimate at CASA with still OEM parts installed.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    sir, i also own a Hyundai vehicle (still under warranty). what i do and will suggest is to bring your car to CASA for PMS but bring your own oil, filters and other required parts. But buy these from auto supply shops that sell OEM products (for the filters and parts) and engine oil that meets or exceeds the CASA engine oil. After much canvassing among casa shops and auto shops, more than 2x ang price mark up sa CASA for parts. Also, the CASA tends to offer Other Services that are not needed but added income for them. Avoid these offers. Just the basic PMS as per the manual. The labor price of CASA is comparable to the labor price at refutable car shops. Also, CASA technicians know your vehicle better than mechanics of car shops.

Just note that not all CASA allows the owners to bring their own parts and oil. Some do allow but charge a corkage fee (5%-20%). But there are CASA that allow without corkage fee.

But for repairs and maintenance not dealing with the engine and tranny (the two most expensive components of the car), you can have these done outside the casa. After i had the CASA inspect, estimate and suggested some repairs, I had some of the front suspension parts of my car replaced at a shop in Banawe, more than half the price of the estimate at CASA with still OEM parts installed.
    wow thanks! will surely note this one! hmm.. siguro for now I'll try to find out kung under warranty pa talaga siya.. if not... my dad advise na icasa parin siya kahit sa una lang for peace of mind tapos yung mga next PMS e sa autoshop na.. pero kung under warranty pa siya.. I'll try to follow your advise

thanks sa mga opinion/suggestion nyo!