New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Aside from stalling and idling behaving erratically, are there legitimate dangers to a supposedly malfunctioning throttle body that needs replacement?

I just ask because casas always go for replacement, and I am wondering what the dangers are in not following what they want to happen.

I did some reading on here and read about an Optra that was advised to replace throttle body but the owner did not. It seems it was incorrectly diagnosed and he got a good running car without replacing the throttle body.

My car is a civic 07 AT. TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, the problem could just be a dirty sensor or a faulty sensor than can be replaced cheaper than the whole assembly.

Casa never fixes components, they prefer to replace entire assemblies.

I suggest to go to a non-casa car shop to have a better diagnosis of the problem.

A shop like SPEEDLAB (located at Quezon Ave, tel 3764648/3764651) can help you just as well as the casa or even better.

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, the problem could just be a dirty sensor or a faulty sensor than can be replaced cheaper than the whole assembly.

Casa never fixes components, they prefer to replace entire assemblies.

I suggest to go to a non-casa car shop to have a better diagnosis of the problem.

A shop like SPEEDLAB (located at Quezon Ave, tel 3764648/3764651) can help you just as well as the casa or even better.

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/
    +1 . This migh just be a cause of dirty Idle control sensors, just cleaning it would do the trick.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    +2. my ride had erratic idling. hitting 1800rpm idling after running for a kilometer.bought it to suki mechanic and he disassembled the throttle body.
    as in lahat ng may turnilyo e binuksan. he said nothing seems to be broken and binalik nya uli. ayun ayos na idling. stays at 900-1000rpm.
    it's been more than a month and so far no problems recurring.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    there are instances that the whole throttle body need to be replaced this hold true with the throttle by wire systems. most IAC or TPS on these TB are not serviceable.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    the auto supply store can tell you also if components or rapair kits are available for a particular assembly.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    there are instances that the whole throttle body need to be replaced this hold true with the throttle by wire systems. most IAC or TPS on these TB are not serviceable.
    And what do you say about the TB on a 2007 Civic?

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    And what do you say about the TB on a 2007 Civic?
    sorry sir, i'm not familiar with the civic system

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    How about the throttle of nissan sentra 05 model? can it be clean instead of replacing it?

my idle hits 1.5k when its in neutral and 1k when i place the stick to D(drive).

Casa says replace Throttle Body