New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Car:
    Mitsu Galant SS 91

Problem:
    Carburetor, has problems in what they call butterfly, result is, taas-baba ang idling, minsan nag iistuck sa mataas na rpm, lalu n pag naka aircon, tapos nag je-jerk pa, therefore malakas konsumo.

Repair?
    I arleady went to Kamuning and have it reparied there but still unsuccessful, I guess hindi magaleng yung pinag pagawaan ko. Gusto kong i pa repair ulet pero I would need a super trusted repair shop. Please advise name of the shop, contact person, phone number and address, just to be sure.

Surplus?
    Ok lang din saken kung surplus na carb, kahet from banawe or evang, basta match sa car ko at in good working condition, kaya lang hirap mag hanap, marami na kong natawagan na surplus shops pero wala, di pa ako napunta kase masayadong nakakapagod. Again, if you can refer a mitsu surplus shop that has surplus carbs, please send me the details.

Brand New?
    Try ko din brand new pero price is too much, a new mitsu genuine carb is about P15k, damn.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One more option:

Engine swap to EFI engine for your Galant.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by psychdelicmervs View Post
    Car:
    Mitsu Galant SS 91

Problem:
    Carburetor, has problems in what they call butterfly, result is, taas-baba ang idling, minsan nag iistuck sa mataas na rpm, lalu n pag naka aircon, tapos nag je-jerk pa, therefore malakas konsumo.
    hey man, you write like a technical writer, hehehe.

i'm sure there's someone else who can overhaul that carb of yours sa kamuning... hanapin ko muna yung recivo nung pinagpagawaan ko ng sentra ko na 93 model (pinasakal ko yung carb... yeah i admit mas eng eng ako sa kotse nun) pero way back '04 pa yun.

if the car's a keeper, maybe you can do an engine EFI type swap na nga lang just like boss GH said. i'm sure mas mura mga mitsu engines kesa honda (d15b 45k? hello)...

servitek ba ndi kaya? they have carb guys there.

maybe speedyfix. carbs aren't that terribly complicated naman.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    HI Tsikoteers,

anyone here na may alam kung san ang magaling na gawaan ng carb sa kamuning? any contact#'s? balita ko kasi dun daw ang may magaling na gumagawa ng mga carb eh... Mine is 4k engine and per mechanic na nakuha ko, sira daw ang carb at kailangan palitan.... i dont think so... hindi naman ganun ka complicated ang carb sa pagkakaalam ko eh kaya naghahanap ako na magaling mag overhaul ng carb.. anyone? Thanks

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Try Mando of A&M Kamuning.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear Sirs:

The impression that carburetors are simple devices is mistaken, they are actually quite complicated and very few countries in the world can DESIGN and MANUFACTURE them by themselves.

The critical tolerances on a carb are in the ten-thousand's of an inch (few microns) so not just anyone can make them.

As an automobile enthusiast, I did my own carb work, on Mitsubishi's, Toyota's and other engines.

I would not trust just anybody I have not seen work to with on my carbs.

I have worked with most twin-down, Mikuni Kogyo Solex, Aisin, Hitachi, and WEBER carburetors. Also side draft carburetors although for street use, I prefer down-drafts.

From your description, there could be several things wrong with your carb.

a) throttle plate - a sticking plate is rare, it usually happens if someone adjusted the idle speed screw too low, allowing the plate to dig into the throttle body of the carb - destroying it - you would have to change the carb's throttle plate assembly.

b) leaking throttle shafts - many people are not aware that there are throttle shaft oil seals on carbs, on occasion they will fail and leak - the bad news is they are hard to find and don't come with the repair kits.

c) bad idle set up - most people who call themselves mechanics in this country don't understand how carbs work, they just muddle along.

If you want to replace the carb with a surplus one, you must first know what a good carb looks like, if you don't and you buy a bad one, you're just wasting your money.

There are just too many, many things to look for to make sure you have a good carb. This cannot be taught in a few e-mails.

You also must be able to open up the used carb just to be sure that it's not blocked up or fouled-up. If you don't know how to do so, whats the point of buying a used one?

As an example, working carbs should NEVER be allowed to stand for more than several days with gasoline in them. If you do so, the gas corrodes the inside and forms a scale that blocks up the delicate passages, destroying the carb.

You may be better off buying a new one, at least there's a guarantee.

If you can afford it, buy yourself a WEBER 32/36 DGV progressive down-draft, carburetor from Redline Racing, about US$ 365 - once you set that up right, you will find it gives an excellent combination of economy and power.

If you have talent with electronics, you might want to convert the thing to EFI, but that's not a path for the weak or technically challenged.

To do so you will first have to find a suitable fuel injection system with injectors, manifold and piping.

Second you will have to purchase a whole series of sensors for that system to work.

To wit: A throttle-position sensor; A Mass-airflow sensor; A Manifold-absolute pressure sensor; An inlet air temperature sensor; an engine temperature sensor; a cam-position sensor; a knock-sensor; an exhuast gas oxygen sensor (wide band).

Then you will have to wire and pipe the thing together.

Good luck and Best Regards,

Dusky Lim

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    To Dusky, thanks for the detailed reply. You have a point in buying a surplus carv, the question of how can i be sure if its a good carb, that I do not know.

I have no budget for EFI or would stay away from an engine swap as I might be getting a defective engine - and still will be paying some cash for the swap.

I will try again to have it repaired. So i need advise on a good shop in Kamuning that can fix my carb.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bondying001 View Post
    HI Tsikoteers,

anyone here na may alam kung san ang magaling na gawaan ng carb sa kamuning? any contact#'s? balita ko kasi dun daw ang may magaling na gumagawa ng mga carb eh... Mine is 4k engine and per mechanic na nakuha ko, sira daw ang carb at kailangan palitan.... i dont think so... hindi naman ganun ka complicated ang carb sa pagkakaalam ko eh kaya naghahanap ako na magaling mag overhaul ng carb.. anyone? Thanks
    try nyo kay mang danny sa ADO carburators.. dun ko lagi pinapagawa carb ko eh.. although toyota yung sakin.. located sila malapit lang sa mindanao ave. pag lagpas mo ng quirino ave. i think 2 streets lang makikita mo na signage nila.. try ko hanapin contact no. nila.. HTH

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tepperz View Post
    try nyo kay mang danny sa ADO carburators.. dun ko lagi pinapagawa carb ko eh.. although toyota yung sakin.. located sila malapit lang sa mindanao ave. pag lagpas mo ng quirino ave. i think 2 streets lang makikita mo na signage nila.. try ko hanapin contact no. nila.. HTH
    Eto yata ung recommended sa grupo toyota?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by psychdelicmervs View Post
    Car:
    Mitsu Galant SS 91

Problem:

Repair?
    I arleady went to Kamuning and have it reparied there but still unsuccessful, I guess hindi magaleng yung pinag pagawaan ko. Gusto kong i pa repair ulet pero I would need a super trusted repair shop. Please advise name of the shop, contact person, phone number and address, just to be sure.

Surplus?
    Ok lang din saken kung surplus na carb, kahet from banawe or evang, basta match sa car ko at in good working condition, kaya lang hirap mag hanap, marami na kong natawagan na surplus shops pero wala, di pa ako napunta kase masayadong nakakapagod. Again, if you can refer a mitsu surplus shop that has surplus carbs, please send me the details.

Brand New?
    Try ko din brand new pero price is too much, a new mitsu genuine carb is about P15k, damn.
    get a brand new replacement carb or have your current one repaired.
    servitek have some carb guys...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast