New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if you like an efi engine better benta mo na lang yang exsisting car mo and bili ka na lang ng honda vti. less hassle

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    change the engine and install an efi engine na from the get go. conversion will be a huge hassle to get it to work right.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    LPG is probably the best option. conversion is tricky and expensive.

i wonder... what if i run out of LPG on a long journey? possible for me to switch back to regular petrol anytime? is the switchover seamless?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    normally there is a switch to activate/deactivate the lpg naman so switching from one to another should be no problem.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    kung gusto mo makatipid sa gas.
    swap your engine na lang to a lower one (if lxi mo is 1.5, try mo nalang yung 1.3)
    dunno lang mechanics nyan kung bolt on lang or me coconvert pa sa installation.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir, option lang ito... theres a d15b vtec-e engine, its implementation is economy. it just uses 12 valve for normal driving then when you step on the gas lalabas yung pagka 1500 niya.

not so sure about the FC pero mukang matipid from the description.

my 2 cents

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    LPG is probably the best option. conversion is tricky and expensive.

i wonder... what if i run out of LPG on a long journey? possible for me to switch back to regular petrol anytime? is the switchover seamless?
    For EFI engines, gasoline/LPG switch over is seemless. But for carb engines, when switching from gasoline to LPG, you have to first use up the gasoline inthe carb before switching to LPG. It's not something you can do on the fly but it would take less than half a minute to complete.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    sir, option lang ito... theres a d15b vtec-e engine, its implementation is economy. it just uses 12 valve for normal driving then when you step on the gas lalabas yung pagka 1500 niya.

not so sure about the FC pero mukang matipid from the description.

my 2 cents
    unless the difference in FC is 40%... auto-LPG conversion still offers the best savings. No need to change your car's documents and no hit or miss when you are getting a surplus engine either.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ well thats true, iba pa rin yung LPG conversion kesa efi.. option lang naman kung gusto niya change to efi... just get the engine.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    ^^ well thats true, iba pa rin yung LPG conversion kesa efi.. option lang naman kung gusto niya change to efi... just get the engine.
    true... if we are just to answer the question directly. But I am more after the reason why the person asked the question.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
carburador to efi??