New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Need help tsikot gurus...

I've read something about it and planning to do it on my car. Does anybody here tried it already on their ride? My ride is a 1.5 Lancer Carb type.

(MODs kidly delete if repost, thanks!)

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've tried replacing the jets on my carbed sentra 93 ex saloon.

sa kamuning area dami gumagawa nito... tabi tabi sila dun. your choice kung super economy (pang taxi) or just economy jets. pag pang taxi grabe super tipid nga pero sakal yung makina. ito kasi yung ini-specify ko.

had this done mga 2003. paid 550. they'll pull down your carb, do an overhaul and then replace the jets. tapos bolt-on.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i've tried replacing the jets on my carbed sentra 93 ex saloon.

sa kamuning area dami gumagawa nito... tabi tabi sila dun. your choice kung super economy (pang taxi) or just economy jets. pag pang taxi grabe super tipid nga pero sakal yung makina. ito kasi yung ini-specify ko.

had this done mga 2003. paid 550. they'll pull down your carb, do an overhaul and then replace the jets. tapos bolt-on.
    saan shop? ano ang naging mileage mo after the rejet?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    forgot the name na... pero kahit sinong shop naman dun pare-pareho system nila:

1. they ask how much fuel you want to save or if you just want to return the carb to "brand new" performance (lumalaki kasi daw butas ng mga stock jets sa katagalan).

2. they pull down the carb, kalas, linis, palit gaskets, palit float (kung meron), then they take it out back where you can't see then replace the jets. they give you your old jets back, btw.

3. bolt the carb back on, clean the spark plugs, do a little tuning sa timing - advance or retard i've no idea. i just wanted to save on gas then coz i was still single and wanted lots of extra beermoney .

after that kung nagpa-gas ako ng 100 from fairview to san juan and back again na. a distance of maybe 45kms balikan. maybe more. may matitira pa sa 100 ko. although back then 100 was 3++ liters pa. 11-15kms/liter would be a good guess.

yun nga lang ramdam mo talaga na the engine is running really lean. tinakbo ko sa nlex at 120, 110 pa lang lakas na ng tope.

i suggest you try this on engines that are robust and can take the punishment lang. not a good idea on honda's carbed engines.

Carb Jetting