New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dobemarbia View Post
    Hi Joyluck, you can still use your aircon but you just need to set your idling RPM to around 900 even 1000 RPM so that di mamatay engine when you turn on the aircon.
    Thanks so much for the replies, very helpful! what i did was cut the electric wires from the ac para blower lang muna gamitin ko, then pa install ko na lang uli after ko bumili ng carb na may vaccuum para sa ac thanks!

So far my car is running smooth after my carb overhaul, aside from oil leaks in 3 different parts of the engine block, ok na sana lahat..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    There is no real problem with using the aircon, you just have to increase the idle speed para di mamatay engine when using the aircon. With the weather we have right now I bet you will have the aircon on whenever you use the car so the high idle speed wont matter much.

Oil leaks on the engine block? On a 12R engine I could only see it coming from the leaking valve cover gasket, the fuel pump gasket or from that metal plate (I don't know what it's called) on the side of the engine block (same side as the distributor), it also has a cork type gasket.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dobemarbia View Post
    There is no real problem with using the aircon, you just have to increase the idle speed para di mamatay engine when using the aircon. With the weather we have right now I bet you will have the aircon on whenever you use the car so the high idle speed wont matter much.

Oil leaks on the engine block? On a 12R engine I could only see it coming from the leaking valve cover gasket, the fuel pump gasket or from that metal plate (I don't know what it's called) on the side of the engine block (same side as the distributor), it also has a cork type gasket.

Thanks sir for all the info, i'll get my ac cleaned and hooked up asap, sobrang init ng panahon ngayon di talaga kakayanin ng walang AC. About the gasket/engine leaks, siguro naman backjob ng nag gen overhaul sa car ko iyon, malas ko lang pinagtaguan na ako ng mekaniko na iyon, may habol pa kaya ako doon like pa barangay for not doing his job well? Good day sir and god bless

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Mga sirs,
    Inquire ko lang yun sakin. Same model 82 silver edition.
    Ang normal Idle ko eh 1000rpm minsan 1100rpm. pag on ang aircon 1200rpm to 1300rpm. pero pag may lights like night time plus aircon 1200rpm.
    Is that normal? Tsaka ang lakas sa gas ng 12R ko. Okey naman ang takbo kahit 4 speed.
    Pwede ko ba i-lower ang idle para bumaba din ang gas consumption? 200 pesos per day kasi ako. Sta. Rosa to Carmona balikan.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear sheperd:

Please refer to my last post on the "idle adjust screw" thread - that may help.

Sincerely,

Dusky Lim

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joyluck614 View Post
    Thanks so much for the replies, very helpful! what i did was cut the electric wires from the ac para blower lang muna gamitin ko, then pa install ko na lang uli after ko bumili ng carb na may vaccuum para sa ac thanks!

So far my car is running smooth after my carb overhaul, aside from oil leaks in 3 different parts of the engine block, ok na sana lahat..
    taga san ka po..? kun malapit ln, baka may maitulong ako...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Car troubles, Details inside