New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There's not much beyond regular maintenance and a driving style change that can improve your fuel economy.

Have your aircon checked out, too, and leave it at the lowest comfortable setting when you can... our Vanette was a guzzler, too, and I think part of it was due to the fact that the AC was as cold as a freezer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ever since talaga ganyan na ang vanette. Lagyan mo kaya ng khaos? baka effective yun!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gel_salazar07
    Ever since talaga ganyan na ang vanette. Lagyan mo kaya ng khaos? baka effective yun!
    Bago mo gawin ito, basahin mo muna ito http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15780 . From page 1 up to the last page ha

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    guys, thanks for the advice. i just had it tuned-up at finally, my vanette can run 8-9km/L...hindi nga lang naka-A/C coz sira. Sa tingin nyo, ilang percent ng total fuel consumption ang consumption ng A/C? Sabi kasi nung iba, basta vanette daw, malakas din lumamon ng gas ang A/C nya

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    mga plus 5% sa gas consumption. syempre what do u expect lakas ng aIRCON Nyan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    gel, mukhang sumobra yata ang consumption ng A/C ko. I used to run the van 8-9km/L pag city-driving and A/C is off. But ngayong naka-on na ang A/C, naging 5km/L na. I just had its evaporator soldered coz merong tagas and recharged freon, yan na ngayon consumption nya. What could be wrong?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a vanette 94. Tumataas pa rin temp nya pag idle, esp. pag on yung A/C. I already have my condenser in front of the radiator transferred, pero wala parin. Any advise?? Pls help!!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How many fans do you have? Later Vanettes have bigger double fans on the radiator, you could look around and swap in the assembly for yours.

But first, you'll need to flush and clean your cooling system and check your thermostat. Sounds like a stuck thermostat or a slow cooling fan. Had the same symptoms when I had a busted fan.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks Niky.

I have fan at each condenser. So, total of two.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Have your fans checked. Sometimes a fan may work, but it'll be turning too slow. And don't forget about the thermostat and flushing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Can we reduce the fuel consumption of Nissan Vanette