New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hi All, very newbie here. Last month I purchased an automatic Montero 2009 (diesel). Yesterday while I was driving at a slow speed (because of the traffic), my car suddenly dies but when I start it immediately, the car starts with seemingly no problem. After a brief moment of driving, the car will again die. This happened five times. Can anyone tell me what seems to be the problem? Also, a very stupid question here, do I need to start the engine while parked for a minute before driving? Thanks in adavance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ztinel View Post
    Hi All, very newbie here. Last month I purchased an automatic Montero 2009 (diesel). Yesterday while I was driving at a slow speed (because of the traffic), my car suddenly dies but when I start it immediately, the car starts with seemingly no problem. After a brief moment of driving, the car will again die. This happened five times. Can anyone tell me what seems to be the problem? Also, a very stupid question here, do I need to start the engine while parked for a minute before driving? Thanks in adavance

first check or replace your fuel pre filter, fuel filter and check the wiring to the fuel cut off solenoid

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Have your EGR checked as well. Baka barado na.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Wow thanks for your fast responses! I will have my fuel filter replaced and EGR checked tomorrow. Do you know how much it would take supposing I will take it to gasoline service centers (no budget for casa repairs)?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    had this issue with my M/T Nissan B13 Sentra.. it might not be totally related with yours, anyways the car would stall occassionally due to idling issues (especially when changing gears). Had the idling set higher than normal and problem solved.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [QUOTE... do I need to start the engine while parked for a minute before driving?

what exactly do you mean?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Nangyari ito sa dad ko, buti nalang sa parking lot.
    Car is a 2009 Montero also.

Prior to this, i noticed engine hesitation at high rpm, lalo na kapag WOT.
    I also tried using different diesels, pero ganon talaga.

Kahapon, went to Midlands via SLEX and nung pauwi na kami, nawala na hesitation sa high rpm band.
    Ngayon, kakauwi ko lang from supermarket and so far, hindi naman bumalik yung symptoms.