New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    anung feedback nyo sa brand na to? is this better than the VIC Brand. Ito kasi isinalpak sa ride ko nung magpa change oil ako sa Shell Service Station.... Mukhang alanganin kasi sobrang mas maliit sya than the normal filters....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's what I've been using for my last two oil change.

So far so good.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    available sa shell gas station ba yan?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    will the size of the filter affect its "filtering" capability? kasi i read an article in the internet that advises on using oversize filters as an alternative to OEM or original filters....yung kasing Bosch is significantly smaller than the OEM filter, mas mahinang klase kaya yun? your comments pls.

sir zero, sa VISAYAS Ave Branch po ako nag pachange oil!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    tumatagas yan...

ive been using it before no prob ...
    pero nitong huli (my last oil change) ang mga nakikita ko ay made in korea.i was advised by the mechanic to buy vic from the shop nearby but i was too lazy and i told him pare pareho lang yan :D hehe it turned out he was right tumagas nga after a few days of driving hell he was right
    so napabili ako ng bago ng wala sa oras

try po ninyo hipuin or punasan ang ang oil filter nyo kung may bahid ng oil after long drive... assuming na malamig na po ang engine bay

kung wala naman langis na makuha then wala kang prob. if meron palitan mo na :P

imho: stick with oems if budget permits if di naman oks na rin naman ang vic as long as its genuine

HTH

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    mali-mali ang post ko ah SOrry...intindihin nyo na lang :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In my opinion since Bosch is a reputable European parts name then definitely ay ok din ang Bosch oil filters. It's not the size of the filter that counts but what's inside the filter (types of filter used, filtering efficiency, etc...). But still OEM filters are your best bet if the budget permits. Here in the Phils. based on experience one of the best replacement oil filter brands ang Vic (basta hindi fake). Napapansin ko din na common ang Union brand na oil filters (basta hindi din fake).

Just my two cents...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I beg to differ, the size matters on an oil filter. Assuming you have a quality brand filter, then the right size would mean enough filtering media to cope with the volume of oil in the engine. Too small a size could lead to faster clogging, which would open the bypass valve thus no filtering at all.

I've seen honda offer 2 sizes for the same car, the cheaper one is smaller and made in thailand. The orig one was longer, thus more media but almost twice the price. They phased out the larger one, guess people opted to buy the cheaper one. I found a Vic part that had the same size as the orig larger one but priced lower than a small honda filter.

When buying a filter, always use the OEM filter as your basis in terms of weight, outside diameter, length and thread size.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    made in korea yung mga bosch fuel filters dito...if the mechanic would follow the conversion table di tatagas iyan....

go for oem oil filters para safe at sigurado....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use ViC. Pero nitong huli, yung Bosch kina Chieffy ang ginamit ko. Same size and appearance as ViC and OEM. So far, so good.

Though I still prefer ViC, Bosch filters are not crappy naman. Just don't overtighten para walang tagas.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
bosch oil filter