New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As i've heard, you can't have BMW engines washed. But i'd like to know if it is even close to possibly having them cleaned? Please share if you've heard or experienced BMW engines being cleaned, washed, or detailed, and if anything bad happens. If also you can direct me to a place where i can get mine cleaned. Thanks very much!

Just for reference my car is a '98 316i E36.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    big berts or mother should be able to do it for you as long as they mask off the correct parts para wala mabasa na hindi dapat mabasa.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Don't wash it!!! just wipe the engine cover,hose with damp cloth then detail it with armor all.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Big Bert's can detail engines without the use of running water. Of course, you pay the price and time.

I've also seen later model BMW engines being detailed by those used car agents in the Ortigas area. They use lots of plastic and tape to mask off parts.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can wash BMW engines just like any other EFI engine. as the guys said, just know what parts to cover in plastic bags and tape off.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Alright thanks guys! I'll go ask Big Bert's then, i'm just in the Ortigas area anyway. Hopefully i wont have any problems. Thanks again!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by manolop10 View Post
    As i've heard, you can't have BMW engines washed. But i'd like to know if it is even close to possibly having them cleaned? Please share if you've heard or experienced BMW engines being cleaned, washed, or detailed, and if anything bad happens. If also you can direct me to a place where i can get mine cleaned. Thanks very much!

Just for reference my car is a '98 316i E36.
    Washing your own engine is perfectly acceptable. Just cover any foam filters you may have (conical K&N), and you'll be fine.

Let it cool down (washing it hot may lead to cracking) before washing. Rinse it off with low pressure water. Run your car to dry it. If you really want to get anal about it, you can use baby wipes to get anything further. They do spell specific products for engine detailing, but I'm not sure if they sell them there. In any case, these are applied after the quick rinse.

EDIT: FWIW, I've washed my M's engine with zero negative effects. Also, make sure the place you take your car for engine detailing does NOT use steam to clean. The steam can easily end up destroying the seals and electronic components.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hey guys i got an update. I called Big Bert's and they said they don't work or BMW's.They don't even wanna touch them at all, the guy's words were, "Baka magkaproblema eh, kaya di namin ginagalaw ang BM", so there, can anyone else direct me to a place? Where can i find or contact Mothers?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Just do it yourself?

I'm not sure why they would decline to do it; it's not like Bimmers have super delicate engines or anything. The only thing I can think of is that the owners can be a pain in the ass to deal with.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Just do it yourself?

I'm not sure why they would decline to do it; it's not like Bimmers have super delicate engines or anything. The only thing I can think of is that the owners can be a pain in the ass to deal with.
    Hahaha, well i know what you mean. But i can assure you i'm not that kind! DIY is too tough for me, hehe. I'll just see my other options.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
BMW engine cleaning and/or detailing