New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    My car ran out of water a few weeks ago due to a leak on the radiator. Had the rad repaired and checked if there were "back pressure".. a clear sign of indicating singaw, there was none.

Unfortunately, i have been topping off my reservoir bottle everyday now... i cant find any external leaks.. Radiator is fine, no pressure or bubbles developing. Lately i get white smoke on my tailpipe.. white, not bluish... and i notice drops of water inside the tail pipe... Normally i would think it was a good thing, but this is not occuring during early morning starts only! The white smoke is there occasionaly. What really bothers me is the loss of fluid in my resorvoir which makes me think it's seeping into the combustion chamber???

My engine oil is fine, not even milky... There are no bubbles on my radiator. Problem is i consume a significant amount of water daily, practically gthe full amount of water in my reservoir... AND the white smoke coupled with the droplets of water in my tailpipe....

Do i have a blown gasket?? I dont get the classic symptom of a milky engine oil or bubbles on the radiator?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nor do i have a loss in power...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    what's back pressure exactly bos? medyo not knowledgeable in tech terms kasi eh

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    white smoke means your engine is burning some oil, youmight need to repalce the piston ring if necessary. pacheck mo na lang

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    we also experienced a situation similar to yours. i just hope yours wasnt as bad as ours in terms of damage. for a couple of months my uncle noticed that his Isuzu Bighorn (4JG2 Diesel Engine) is consuming water and he has to top it up every morning. he was wondering where the water is going but cant find the leak and the car is still running A- OK so he didnt bother look deeper

until one day, a leak developed in the radiator and he overheated the engine.

he brought it tio a radiator shop to have it repaired and after reinstalling the radiator they found out that there is pressure build up in the radiator indicating a "blown head gasket". he went to his mechanic to have the cylinderhead removed to replace the blown head gasket.

To our surprise, it wasnt just the head gasket that was broken! we found pitting and cavitation in no. 3 combustion chamber (parang kinain ng anay!) and may have caused the blown gasket and pressure build up in the radiator. we brought the cylinder head to a machine shop hoping that skimming it will be enough to fix the problem. unfortunately the cylinder head failed the hydrotest and we have to replace cylinder head.

after observing the blown gasket and the ill-fated cylinderhead, we arrived at a conclusion that the water lost in the radiator was actually going inside the combustion chamber in small amounts as confirmed by the path of the damage in the gasket and the head itself and after a long period of time using the engine under that circumstances, the pitting became so large that it deemed the cylinder head considered inserviceable.

i hope yours isnt as bad as ours but if you think its a blown gasket, i think its worth a try to remove your cylinder head and see whether there is already a small damage in the head gasket that leads to water leak inside the cylinders. head gasket is much cheaper than a broken cylinder head.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    how was the radiator fixed? was it replaced? maybe there is still a pinhole leak or a problem with the cap or drain.

if madalas yung smoke then it's probably a problem na with the inside of the engine.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Mga sir gandang hapon po! Sorry po newbie lng po pagdating sa sasakyan. I am driving a mazda 3 2004 model. Tanong lang po if may idea po kayo kung mgkano po mgpa top overhaul and san po kya may maaus na talyer at idea po kung magkano abutin? Recently po kasi nag overheat ung sasakyan ko and kala ko po dala lang ng leak sa water overflow reservoir which napalitan ko na po ngaun ng bago but still unti unti pa rin po nauubos ung tubig sa reservoir. Tapos po knina pag check ko po sa oil dipstick at engine oil cap may sludge po na prang kulay gatas po. Sabi po ng friend ko bka may tama na daw head gasket ko. Sana po matulungan nyo ko. Mejo tight din na po kasi budget ko.

Ask na rin po sana ako if safe pa po ba idrive ito? Right now po ngsstart na po ako mgipon ng pera dahil ang sabi po sa akin maghanda na daw ako ng budget at mahal daw po mgpa top overhaul... please po tulungan nyo po ako.... salamat po

Sorry po nakiride lng po sa post d pa po kc ako makagawa ng bagong thread bago pa lang po kasi ako. Salamat po.

Blown head gasket??