New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    May maraming tilamsik na engine oil mula sa crankshaft (tama ba ang tawag dito?) at sa dipstick, at maraming usok na kulay puti. Ang ginawa ng mechanic - divert the breather hose palabas directly para hindi pumasok uli ang usok and some oil.

Just came from casa for more scientific testing - nagpa compression test na rin ako. P600 ang bayad. Dito na siguro magkaalaman kung ano ba talaga ang condition ng makina. Sabi uli ng Mitsubishi mechanic hindi daw blow by yon kahit malakas (para sa akin at sa isa pang mechanic sa labas).

Stay tuned, at ikukuwento ko sa inyo ang results bukas. Nagpa-estimate na rin ako ng overhaul just in case. Ang mahal pala!!! I hope its not really necessary.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What I mean is, parang exhaust pipe yung engine oil cap area. Sorry for the confusion.

If my memory serves me right, iba-iba ang sukat ng piston sizes ng 4D56TDiC. At yung yari ng bakal iba rin compared to 4D56T pistons.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guys,

I read somewhere that Synthetic Oils are more 'manipis' than Regular Oil. Tapos an older engine that's used to regular oil will run ok, but when you put Synths eh dun magsisiumula daw ang problema; kasi daw the Regular Oil already acts like a 'plug' or something.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you ask me, the most telling sign of a blown engine is its propensity to consume engine oil! Pag mga 1L every month ang dagdag... medyo blowby pa lang...

Kung umabot ka sa stage na 1L a week.... medyo malala na yan.

Good luck! Keep us posted! :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep, posible to since synths usually have lower viscousity levels then standard mineral oils. On older/high mileage engines, its recommended that higher viscousity oils are used.

I usually dont advise using additives or stuff...

Try to get a compression test first before doing anything.

My .007

Originally posted by Dieseler
    Guys,

I read somewhere that Synthetic Oils are more 'manipis' than Regular Oil. Tapos an older engine that's used to regular oil will run ok, but when you put Synths eh dun magsisiumula daw ang problema; kasi daw the Regular Oil already acts like a 'plug' or something.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    oil in the breather is not always a sign of blow-by. compression test of my engine is normal pero maraming oil sa breather. I change oil every 8 to 12 mos (maling mali yun ha). I don't notice oil consumption.

Synthetic oils are not manipis but instead , the particles are all uniform size. mineral oils have different sized particles. small particles burn off faster and the larger particles are left. these large particles do not lubricate as well and makes the engine wear faster. that is why synthetic oils are better.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Still waiting for compression test results. Maraming nakapila kasi sa casa.

Ano bang engine oil brand na high viscosity (medyo malapot) na alam ninyo? Di ba ang shell helix for diesel ay malabnaw din. Any other alternatives?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what are the chances of a blow-by engine to pass emission tests?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Just got the results of the compression test for my Pajero 1995. Sa dry test 260 (ano bang unit of measure nito kaya - psi?). Tapos sa wet daw ay 300. That means na may difference na 40 na sabi ng technician yun daw ay more than the tolerance level of say 10.

Though he also said that the compression rate is not alarmingly low kaya lang may blow by nga na 40 (?).

What do you think guys? Anyone familiar with these figures and how to interpret them? Do I need to overhaul - as the technician suggested? Does anybody know of the normal compression levels for a Pajero 4d56 engine?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    PapaBravo,
    Just look at the SAE number of the oil, the higher the no the thicker it is, eg, SAE 40 is thicker than a 30 or 15w40. Also get one with at least API CF/CF4 rating.

The compression test should show results for each cylinder, in your case, 4 in total. Then compare them with normal compression figures that the casa should have- some manuals specify a minimum of 75% from standard.

The accuracy of compression gauges vary, so the important thing to look for in a test is that all cylinders are even, rather than the actual result.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Blow-by engine after fully synthetic oil?