New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Planning to change oil already for my corolla 1997 gli 1.6, currently using the havoling 20w50. Maybe you can recommend yung mas ok na engine oil for my old car? pansin ko medyo nagbabawas din yung oil ko. mileage of my car is at 120,000km already.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Sobrang lapot nyan.

Dapat 10w40 or 10w30.

Sa oil filter baldwin b37

3. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    Planning to change oil already for my corolla 1997 gli 1.6, currently using the havoling 20w50. Maybe you can recommend yung mas ok na engine oil for my old car? pansin ko medyo nagbabawas din yung oil ko. mileage of my car is at 120,000km already.
    Try mo Nippon Micro brand OE supplier sa Toyota Japan domestic market.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i had a similar-age (non-toyota) car before.
    after the warranties wore out, i had my oil changes at the friendly petron heco-derecho promo (which they still offer to this day). as per my car manual, the oil they gave me was spec naman.
    until the day i sold her 10 years later, the pedestrian oil and filter i was using did not seem to give my engine any issues.

the "nagbabawas ng oil" may not be an oil issue. it is probably engine wear-and-tear issue, with symptoms being shown via the oil.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    The engine is already leaking oil, thin oil wont serve your engine well

Paayos mo na makina nyan

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by kisshmet; June 5th, 2017 at 03:58 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    The engine is already leaking oil, thin oil wont serve your engine well

Paayos mo na makina nyan

It could probably be burning oil since there are no visible leaks? so 20w50 is thin?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    It could probably be burning oil since there are no visible leaks? so 20w50 is thin?
    20W50 was the "universal grade" in the 70s...
    today's oil grades are a tad thinner... 40 ?

if one wanted to hide one's engine's defects, just until it is sold out of his hands, one would tend to use a thicker oil. i think.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    If your engine oil leaks to the combustion chamber then thats more reason to have your engine overhauled

50 is thick and gets thicker as it gathers soot from combusting fuel

20 na ang thinnest oil for the engine, 30 is typical

For others 40 pa ang typical

Last edited by kisshmet; June 5th, 2017 at 06:46 PM.