New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 102
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,069
    #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
    Ano anong delo oil na po nagamit niyo? And ano pinaka ok para sayo?

    Im using delo gold 15w40..

    Balak ko na mag fully syn next oil change
    Delo 400 mgx, delo sports synthetic blend 10w30, delo sports fully synthetic 5w40.
    Pero ittry ko din un amsoil. Hehehe

    Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    72
    #42
    If you're asking which is best then go with the Isuzu casa's rebranded version of Caltex Delo Sports 10w30 (it even has a D-max on the cover!) or IGMO Multi-Z 10w30 and Isuzu Genuine filter (Not the Isuzu "Best Value" parts, those are different and produced in their Thai plant compared to the Japanese manufactured Genuine part).

    Most economical option I'd recommend Delo 400 MG/MGX 15w40 or Mobil Delvac MX 15w40 + a Vic C-529

    The hint here is that all of the recommended oil above (except the Multi-Z, which was preferred over the older Besco 10w30) is in the manual.

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    642
    #43
    Quote Originally Posted by torque&pepper View Post
    * StockEngine: Yes sir, the manual in fact specified oil brands and corresponding SAE ranges that can be used. But there was no mention of fully synthetic engine oils that are of CJ-4 classification. The MUx only requires CF grade oils (as per under the hood) but if one opts to have their MUXs serviced outside casa which is cheaper and thus goes for fully synthetic oils, will use of CJ-4 oils be detrimental to the engine? Of course it can be a waste of money since the MUX does not have a DPF, but will CJ-4 oils be too much of a good thing?
    our isuzu engines require at least CH oil rating as reflected in our service manual. based on api.org, CF rated oils are not recommended for engines made after 2009 and they are considered obsolete.

    Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk
    Last edited by shelu; February 5th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,069
    #44
    Amsoil 5w40 signature series un inilagay ko last week nung nagpms ako sa bahay. Sobrang smooth.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    523
    #45
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    Amsoil 5w40 signature series un inilagay ko last week nung nagpms ako sa bahay. Sobrang smooth.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
    Sir, anong balak mong OCI using that oil?

  6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,069
    #46
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Sir, anong balak mong OCI using that oil?
    15k km

    Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,153
    #47
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    Amsoil 5w40 signature series un inilagay ko last week nung nagpms ako sa bahay. Sobrang smooth.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
    Malaki ba difference bro comparing sa Delo 400mgx?

    Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    72
    #48
    Besco 10w30
    Multi-Z 10w30
    Delo 400 / Delvac MX 15w40

    In that order. You don't need anything else. Isuzu Mu-x and D-maxes are very economical in terms of maintenance. You just have to change it very frequently because you don't just change the oil, you remove the accumulated particles and contaminants suspended in the oil that is smaller than what is captured by the oil filter.

    The only advantage of full synthetics is longer OCI and better high temperature protection for your turbo bearings. Change every 5,000km if you are idling in traffic every day, that environment is very hard on the oil. You dont just count the kilometers, you count the hours of your engines idle time.

    I myself just run the Multi-Z (since its a rebadged Caltex Delo Sports 10w30 semi-synth) and change every 10,000km or 6 months since I hit the expressway a couple times a week. Diesels are happy with long hard expressway drives.

  9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    26,677
    #49
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    Besco 10w30
    Multi-Z 10w30
    Delo 400 / Delvac MX 15w40

    In that order. You don't need anything else. Isuzu Mu-x and D-maxes are very economical in terms of maintenance. You just have to change it very frequently because you don't just change the oil, you remove the accumulated particles and contaminants suspended in the oil that is smaller than what is captured by the oil filter.

    The only advantage of full synthetics is longer OCI and better high temperature protection for your turbo bearings. Change every 5,000km if you are idling in traffic every day, that environment is very hard on the oil. You dont just count the kilometers, you count the hours of your engines idle time.

    I myself just run the Multi-Z (since its a rebadged Caltex Delo Sports 10w30 semi-synth) and change every 10,000km or 6 months since I hit the expressway a couple times a week. Diesels are happy with long hard expressway drives.
    what does the owners manual require? api-ch4 ci4 cj4? also what is the oil change interval in the owners manual?

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    72
    #50
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    what does the owners manual require? api-ch4 ci4 cj4? also what is the oil change interval in the owners manual?
    As posted by someone earlier in this thread, the Isuzu 4JJ1 has a minimum ch-4 requirement, which all of the oils above exceeds minus the Besco which is still CH4. They're all listed in the manual so I'm merely parroting it for people too lazy to read on their own.

    Also the OCI in the manual is 20k. 5k for severe service. I don't drive my truck on the expressway 7 days a week so nope not gonna run it to 20k.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Best Diesel Engine Oil and Replacement Oil Filter for Isuzu MU-x?