New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi,

where can buy such items here in the ph besides casa?

i can't rely on local auto supplies that simply give generic items because these items deal with tight tolerances dependent on every engine. what i mean is, i can't just place exactly the same thickness bearing shells on all journals - i need to make sure that the oil gap is equal and no the shells themselves...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Generic brands? What do you mean by generic brands? Auto supplies sell Japanese OEM products, Taiwan replacement parts and China replacement parts. My friend is a supplier and distributes brand new branded spare parts to auto supplies here in Philippines, So he taught me which brand should I buy for quality and competitive price. Warning! Never buy Circuit brand auto parts, they are the lowest of quality for those who can not afford to buy quality spare parts. If your gonna buy Piston Rings buy only RIK piston rings as they are Original Equipment manufacturers to Major Car and Truck Companies. When you buy piston rings from casa you will see that it is just a repack box or plastic, but inside is RIK brand piston rings, you can see the brand mark on the piston rings. Like control cables, when you buy from casa you will see plastic is Mitsubishi but inside the polybag is Hi-LEX TSK control cable brand. Most car manufacturers buy from well known factories in Japan instead of making their own mold and machinery which would cost them more.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, from a layman's point of view, a generic brand is one that does not have the car manufacturer's name on the box.
    what you are saying might well be true, but we laymen simply do not have the "inside information" that other informed people such as yourself, may have.
    thanks for supplying this bit of information.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well, from a layman's point of view, a generic brand is one that does not have the car manufacturer's name on the box.
    what you are saying might well be true, but we laymen simply do not have the "inside information" that other informed people such as yourself, may have.
    thanks for supplying this bit of information.

Dr. D, no problem. Just informing people of spare parts brands that are OEM of Car manufacturers. Happy to help a person in need.

Some of the Mechanics here chooses circuit brand because they know that quality is poor so Consumers such as us to keep going back and pay them repair fees.

bearing shells, piston rings, valve guides, etc...