New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Hello po,

I have a problem with my Pajero 2.5 Going home from S&R to binondo, the battery and fuel filter light is always on. Normally it should go off after few seconds. When I get home. I turn off the engine gave it fews mins then try starting again. This time it won't start. Its the feeling that the battery is drained. I borrowed neighbors battery and it start but the 2 lights still stay lit.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Have your charging system check. COuld be the alternator going south.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by the_possessed View Post
    Hello po,

I have a problem with my Pajero 2.5 Going home from S&R to binondo, the battery and fuel filter light is always on. Normally it should go off after few seconds. When I get home. I turn off the engine gave it fews mins then try starting again. This time it won't start. Its the feeling that the battery is drained. I borrowed neighbors battery and it start but the 2 lights still stay lit.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks!
    Your battery icon lights on means that your charging system is not functioning properly, usually your drive belts, or alternator needs to be checked.

As for the fuel filter, it's time to have this changed chances are it's dirty already. Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    alternator na yan, no doubts... happened to mine last may, the alternator went down...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Thanks mga sirs! I'll have it remove today (alternator) and let you know. Thanks

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Just an update!

Finally got it fixed today. Here's the damage:

Alternator Repair (P3,700) replaced rotor, oil seal and IC regulator
    Oil Hoses (P150)
    Battery recharging (P80)
    Labor (Free) DIY removing and installation.

Thanks again mga brother!

Battery and Fuel Filter light always on