New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    did i read right? 6K na ang outlast 3sm????

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    Just bought outlast 2SM battery (color blue) for my innova with 15 mos warranty for 3700 less 550 for trade in of old one for net of 3150. Is that price alright already?

WBR,
    Sir, now lang po kayo nagpalit ng battery since you got your car?
    It sure lasted long sir!

No idea on the price but am sure di ka naman lugi in your purchase...
    Last edited by bumags; December 6th, 2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: wrong thread...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sa battery I very much consider the number of plates inside, the more the better. Dito sa atin the most is with 11 plates in each hole. hope magkaroon ng 13 plates. Outlast exceed and the motolite excel are among those (24 mos warranty) Next is with 9 plates like motolite enduro, gold and outlast xdr etc. (usually with 15-18 mos warranty) then the ordinary with 7 plates, normally ito yung with 12 mos warranty (dati nga 6 mos lang) and includes the non maintenance free and some maintenance free types.

Yep sobrang mahal ng battery nowadays, yung dating 2k+ na 2sm premium nasa 4K+na! kaya yung mga 3sms it will range from 5-6K sa mga leading brand.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sobra na ngang mahal ng batteries ngayon. And when they die, they die suddenly,- with very little warning........ Hindi katulad ng mga batteries noon....

Kaya nga, some people who I know, change their batteries every 18 months just to be sure...

Ako,- I basically wait for telltale signs.... Kung medyo may kaunting palya or anything na out of the ordinary sa start sa umaga and more than 18 months na ang battery,- I change battery on that day....

AFAIK, mas mataas ang rating in terms of AH ng 3SM vs. 2SM. So, as you go higher/bigger, the capacity of the battery to deliver current/power over a period of time also goes higher.... For example, a 50AH battery can deliver an Ampere of current for 50hours; or 2 Amperes of current for 25hours and so on.... A battery, theoretically can deliver very high current...

5101:pcwhack:

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    According sa Powerbuilt Lucena, MOTOLITE Dealer dito sa amin e hindi daw compatible ang MOTOLITE sa Korean made cars. Kaya nung bumili ako ng battery sa kanila e nilagay nila sa resibo 18 months warranty lang vs. the original 21months warranty. Kaya next time etry na ako ng iba battery para sa STAREX namin. Ang reason nung may-ari ng POWERBUILT e dahil daw malakas kumarga ang KOREAN CARS.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I just changed to a Motolite Gold 3SM (Php5k) for my Starex late December. My previous battery was the same brand and lasted 23 months. Sabay na rin ako nagpalit ng brand new replacement alternator (Php6k) dahil nasira na pala ang IC when they opened it kaya hindi na nag-cha charge up to 14v. Everything went well since then, Para ngang lumakas pa ang hatak. But last Sunday, just barely a month after, ayaw na sya magstart. May konting redondo lang. Haven't had time yet to have an electrician look at it. Pero bakit ganun?! Defective battery ba o defective alternator? Both naman are under warranty pero bad trip lang. I just hope the shops honor the warranty with no hassle. Any ideas why this happened? TIA.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I used motolite gold maintenance free for my pregio, and this battery will last up to 3yrs or more kung maganda ang battery compartment mo. its expensive pero no head ache naman. mas mahal pa ito sa battery ng expedition. have your alternator output and load regularly check.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Battery for Diesel Engines