New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nice info! Thumbs up!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

but i dont think nissan sr's will fit, configured for fwd yan, if ever you manage to fit it, baka mapalugar sa covered side ung consumable parts, remember van ito...

ca18 or ca20 na galing ba sa sylvia(tama ba?)kahit ung turbo versions already has rwd configuration.. you wont need to change tach, differential or even tranny...wiring di masyado..will a rd20det fit (in-line 6 un, di ba?)

pero kung ld20 nga, tama ito ung jdm vanette(aka largo)....madami-dami palitin mo, wiring, tranny, etc...

may nakita ko ca20e with rwd a/t tranny sa pinagbilhan ko ng a/t ng liteace ko...swak ung makina as replacement efi engine sa maxima ko(ca20-carb ung akin)...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    possible engine swaps for the nissan vanette are the:

-z24
    -ld20
    -sr20de or det (rwd)
    -ka24e or de (rwd)

i know of a fellow nissanbayan member whose vanette has a sr20det under the seats.

as for my vanette, i'm still waiting for a suitable ka24de engine to come my way. since the ka-series engine is based on the z-series engine, the block has the same basic dimensions. the ka24e was the engine found in the usdm nissan hardbody pickup (our local 'power pickup'). the ka24de was found in the usdm nissan 240sx sports coupe (s13 and s14) and is currently the engine for the usdm nissan frontier.

un "ka" pala!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    KA is the OEM engine of the Vanette in the US. But its still a bit thirsty. Though it makes a healthy 142bhp if I recall right.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    IMHO Benta nalang dre. Kung yung stock nga minsan pag nagloko ang hirap pa hanapin, yung nagpalit pa nga makina. Tsaka assuming na i lusot mo yung unang hurdle ng pagpalit maron at meron lilitaw na sakit yan in the future na di na forsee. Example sa alog ng diesel na hindi naman built yung kaha to take.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    KA is the OEM engine of the Vanette in the US. But its still a bit thirsty. Though it makes a healthy 142bhp if I recall right.
    i doubt if the ka was the oem engine for the vanette in the us since the ka did not exist during the time the vanette was in production there. the vanette was a mid to late 80s model in the us. it was already out of production there when it was 1st released locally. the usdm engine was a twin spark z24. the ka24 engines however does put out 140-150bhp.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    wala na ba available sa surplus ang diesel engine ng Nissan Bida..(SD23 ata iyon)
    ang lakas din ng hatak nito may nagamit kasi noon nag hakot kami fully loaded ako
    (mga bakal lang sakay tatlo lang kami tao ).

naalala ko pa cut (sa NLEX)ako ng Baliwag Transit bus hinabol ko at binato namin ang salamin ng driver ng coke in can ,sabay takbo ng matulin nahirapan umabot ang bus .parating pa lang sia sa toll gate palabas na kami

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    mga sirs,

salamat sa pagbuhay nyo ng thread ko. tamang-tama coz i've already talked with my mechanic about this. my mechanic has been working with vanette for quite some time already that's why i trust him a lot for my van (kahit 30kms layo ng bahay nila). it's so surprising na sobrang laking trabaho pala pag nagpa-convert ka. but when i asked my mechanic, it sounded like it was just so easy for him. he told me na yung engine ng sportage or diesel revo are good candidates. i think both have 2.5 displacement. i drove a sportage before and the fuel economy was great, i think 11-12 km/L. no idea about the revo though

gusto ko sanang piliin ang sportage engine, but im also considering the weight of the van, for sure the economy would be different. my mechanic gave me an estimate of 40K for everything, as in everything including other parts and labor choo-choo. although i forgot to ask him if i could have my old engine traded para makatipid ng konti. but he didn't mention any future major problems that could occur.

guys, thanks sa mga answers if i may request, i dont understand kase what those engine names are, perhaps you could tell me the brand/make/model of the vehicle instead. sorry po, newbie in the house

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    If your main objective is to save on fuel cost, why not convert to lpg. Its a quick change, 1 to 2 days conversion. Cheap about P25 per liter. Bi-fuel, you can use lpg or gas. Use your current engine and is a proven technology. Here is a very informative thread.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...&highlight=lpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
anung engine pwede ipalit sa Z20 ng vanette?