New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    How much kaya ang isang set ng air intake system for a corolla 1997 gli 1.6 car? May hairline crack kc yung intake hose ko so im planning to buy yung sa aftermarket na lang not the stock one. I want to also know kng ma improve ba ang performance ng car ko with this?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    How much kaya ang isang set ng air intake system for a corolla 1997 gli 1.6 car? May hairline crack kc yung intake hose ko so im planning to buy yung sa aftermarket na lang not the stock one. I want to also know kng ma improve ba ang performance ng car ko with this?

ok yan, mga 2500 siguro

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Don't expect too much on performance... The engine is 20 years old...

Even if you get the advertised 5-10% increase in HP, I don't think you'll still reach the 113HP power your engine had when it rolled out the dealership...

But, your engine will look better with the new air filter.
    You'll definitely feel better.
    Revs will sound better (the longer the pipe... the better)

Only draw back is that you'll need to clean the after market air filter...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    makakaramdam ka ng kaunting sipa ng makina mo at malaki ang ikagagaan ng hatak ng tsikot mo.pero mas maganda pagkatapos na mapalitan mo ng simota.ipa silip mo ung timing mo saka mo pa timpla ung ere ng trotel mo para mas ok.minsan kasi parang lunod at sobra sa hangin kaya malata.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    So its required to change the muffler too?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Our 2-in-1 invention consist of an electromagmetic component and a electrostatic component.

Napansin ko, if after some time, I open the air induction hose, I notice so many dust clinging to the needle sharp transducers. Its difficult to brush this dust because they are negatively ionized. Baka pwedeng lagyan ng maraming metal mesh para gawing air intake cleaning system, don't you think? Thanks for this thread.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid00 View Post
    Our 2-in-1 invention consist of an electromagmetic component and a electrostatic component.

Napansin ko, if after some time, I open the air induction hose, I notice so many dust clinging to the needle sharp transducers. Its difficult to brush this dust because they are negatively ionized. Baka pwedeng lagyan ng maraming metal mesh para gawing air intake cleaning system, don't you think? Thanks for this thread.
    If anyone is thinking of 'inventing' this device (electrostatic fuel cleaner), our ES device was filed before 2008. thanks

8. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    So its required to change the muffler too?
    Wala naman gain yan actually. Mas prone ka pa nga sa heatsoak diyan. Kasi halos puro mainit na hangin mula sa radiator fan ang mahihigop niyan.Porma lang siguro saka konting ganda sa tunog ng hagok. Pero walang gains yan. Mas ok pa din ang stock intake kung wala naman ibang mods sa makina. Ang stock intake kasi ng 4afe, by design, naka cold air intake na. Saka baka mag check engine light ka pa kapag mali ang paglagay ng air intake sensor.