New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Pwede pa yan makikita mo naman kung sobrang dumi na. kailangan ng palitan.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    OTEP,

so hindi ok ang K&N filter? i'm thinking of replacing mine. what do you suggest? as said, there's a noticable increase in fuel economy..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Dmax View Post
    OTEP,

so hindi ok ang K&N filter? i'm thinking of replacing mine. what do you suggest? as said, there's a noticable increase in fuel economy..
    hindi naman sa hindi ok.
    PROS:

a. gives slight additional power
    b. easier acceleration dahil maluwag ang intake
    c. hindi kailangang palitan regularly. you just have to clean them.

CONS:

a. increase in fuel consumption
    b. filtration is a little bit open compared to OEM paper filters.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    CONS:

a. increase in fuel consumption

Sorry, but I beg to disagree with this. I have performance filters on both gas and diesel cars that I have and has not experienced such problem. This myth reminds me of drivers from the '70s.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Pwede pa. Hindi pa naman maitim. What you can also do is have your suki mechanic blast some compressed air into your filter every month.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    K&N is not bad for road cars. But I wouldn't spend an insane amount of money on an air filter and spend still more money on a cleaning kit for it. Simply no time to do that. I'd rather just slap on a new filter more often.

But there are instances when the freer-flowing characteristics of high performance air filters have been blamed for fouling up engine electronics (sensors). If the risk of fouling up your sensors is worth the performance gain, then by all means get a K&N.

I'm just Mr. Average Motorist, no need for that for me.

Open type filters also bypass the built-in anti-water ingestion features of most stock airboxes (the 4d56 air intake alone has a number of safeguards built in) which may be an issue of you ford water (or floods) with your vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i will not remove my air filter assembly. just the air filter alone. may study na ba talaga na changing to high-flow filter can damage the sensor?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a common problem in the Nissan and Ford online communities. Also makes appearances in Mazda forums (esp. the MZ3). There are also suggestions on how to go around fouling problems.

I doubt any one would actually fund a study just to determine if high performance filters can foul sensors.

I guess it's up to the consumer to find out.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Is this air filter still usable? (pix inside)