New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Noob here, mag tatanong lang regarding turning off the engine. After I turn off the engine, kadalasan naiiwan naka ON parin yung fan (it takes 5 to sometimes 30 mins na naka on yung fan bago mag automatic na off). most of the time I just leave it there until it stops, minsan naman ginagawa ko habang naka off na yung makina and umaandar parin yung fan, I put the a/c to number 1 then off agad para ma off yung fan (ito kasi sinabi nung mekaniko sa akin and it works). I don't usually do the flicking of the a/c kasi baka (kung may sira sa fan o kung san man) mas lumala sa pag patay bukas ko ng a/c. Normal lang ba maiwan na bukas yung fan kahit in-off mo na yung makina? if not bakit kaya nag kakaganun?

follow up question narin, before turning off the engine I sometimes rev first. ok lang ba for a carb engine to? I've read threads about it pero wala po akong nakitang sagot dun pag sa carb engine ginawa yan( and that revving thing started with the carb engine days- erpat ko rin nag turo sa akin nito ). Gamit ko pala '93 hatch na civic carb engine

tia!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Its not normal, it'll drain your battery at some point. Why would you have to rev the engine before shutting it off? your just wasting your gas.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    rev the engine before shutting it off ,,old bad habit at maling pamahiin.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by drivendriver View Post
    Noob here, mag tatanong lang regarding turning off the engine. After I turn off the engine, kadalasan naiiwan naka ON parin yung fan (it takes 5 to sometimes 30 mins na naka on yung fan bago mag automatic na off). most of the time I just leave it there until it stops, minsan naman ginagawa ko habang naka off na yung makina and umaandar parin yung fan, I put the a/c to number 1 then off agad para ma off yung fan (ito kasi sinabi nung mekaniko sa akin and it works). I don't usually do the flicking of the a/c kasi baka (kung may sira sa fan o kung san man) mas lumala sa pag patay bukas ko ng a/c. Normal lang ba maiwan na bukas yung fan kahit in-off mo na yung makina? if not bakit kaya nag kakaganun?

follow up question narin, before turning off the engine I sometimes rev first. ok lang ba for a carb engine to? I've read threads about it pero wala po akong nakitang sagot dun pag sa carb engine ginawa yan( and that revving thing started with the carb engine days- erpat ko rin nag turo sa akin nito ). Gamit ko pala '93 hatch na civic carb engine

tia!

it is normal for honda or acura to have the fan kick on automatically after engine shutdown even if you already have the key in your pocket. this was programmed to lower the engine oil temperature and with the rest of the engine to a lower temperature than when the engine was running to avoid engine oil caking on top of the cylinder head.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Yep it's normal....because the engine is hottest the moment you shut it off due to cooling water not circulating.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Would not that drain the battery?

Normal pala sa Honda yun? Pero hindi naman lagi ganun diba?

Kaya pala minsan naka-on pa din yung fan kahit engine off na.

Kala ko may problema na thermoswitch ko nun.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    mga sir, salamat sa posts! In a way that would give me peace of mind with that fan issue and not to think about switching my a/c to on/off every time before I step down of the car. Hope it does not drain the battery though.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Sa battery charge nga lang magkakaproblema if ever. sa pipip ko walang ganun na feature kaya ang ginagawa ko e idle for 3 minutes before shutting off lalu na e may turbo