New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Besides, NOx is a byproduct of combustion, not an ingredient which is what they're saying it is. They must be confusing NOx with N2O, or that's what they want everyone to think.

NOx is a useless byproduct of combustion. It's a toxic greenhouse gas.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Whenever an article says that our current engines only use 60% of our fuel in combustion, walk away. This is simply bull.
    Correct ka jan bossing! IMO, if only 60% of fuel is being used, the ECU is not doing its assignment. Or if ever it is doing its job, then its doing a lousy job. But then again, if that's the case (60% fuel burning), then there are other factors to consider than just make sweeping generalizations about the efficiency of engines.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kababasa ko lang din nito, at itatanong ko nga sana kung totoo/hindi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just reposting the contents of the link, just in case some people can't connect to it

===============================

[SIZE="5"]Saved by Aeronox[/SIZE]
    By Kathy Moran
    The Philippine STAR 03/14/2007

Aeronox is a funny name for a device that is supposed to boost engine power, remove smoke emission, and boost fuel savings. Matter of fact, when I first heard about the device, I thought that it was something that one sprayed onto the car, so the smell would frighten the car into performing better.

I drive a 1999 1.8 Toyota Revo automatic. And, for the past years, my gas consumption has been about seven kilometers to one liter of gas. The price of gas continues to escalate, so any device that might help make my fuel consumption more efficient definitely gets my attention.

A dela Cruz, one of the partners of Techno-Serve Optima, the exclusive distributor of Aeronox, challenged me to try the device. The skeptic in me took over. I am jaded and find it hard to believe that easy-fix devices really work.

"After installing this device in your car, you will experience immediate power response," said Dela Cruz when I met with him. "That promise I can guarantee."

I got hold of the brochure that Dela Cruz handed over to me and gave it a quick once-over. The brochure states, "Aeronox is an electronic device that transforms the air into nitrogen oxide (a form of NOx) as a fuel additive in your combustion engine. With the mixture of NOx and fuel (diesel or gas) burned in your engine, the result is greater combustion efficiency, faster acceleration, reduced exhaust emissions, lower engine temperature, optimized engine performance and improved fuel economy."

Sure, I whispered to myself as I read the brochure. But, is this anywhere near true, I wondered.

Dela Cruz, who may have seen the doubt playing on my mind, explained to me in a lay person’s terms how Aeronox works, and how he himself was a skeptic before he tried it out.

"What we experience in our cars today is only about 60 to 70 percent of the power of our engines," he said.

"Why? Because the engine really only consumes about 60 percent of the fuel. The other 40 percent is thrown out by the engine as smoke." I guess this is true – since I have been told many times by my reliable mechanic that not all the gas we use is burned up as power for the engine. He also said that when I smell gas when I am driving, that odor is actually caused by the fact that the gas is not burned as energy. If what my trusted mechanic said is true, then what Dela Cruz said about the 40 percent considered wastage could be true as well.

What Aeronox does is it makes the engine produce nitrogen oxide, which is formed through the combination of nitrogen and oxygen. Dela Cruz continued that when the gas passes through the gadget, there is a series of small lightning storms, caused because the triple bonding of the nitrogen is broken down. The broken-down nitrogen combines with oxygen and when this happens, it boosts the engine’s performance.

"The result is that you have added fuel in your engine without putting in the added gas or diesel," Dela Cruz said. "It’s because nitrous oxide has been added that the engine becomes more efficient."

Because of the nitrous oxide, the burning of the fuel shoots up to between 96 to 98 percent. The fuel is efficiently burned and the excess smoke disappears. Thus, the fuel that was lost in the past is now used, and that amounts to about 20 to 30 percent savings in fuel consumption, Dela Cruz explains.

Dela Cruz added that I need not fear that any harm would befall my engine because the Aeronox does not affect the engine – rather, it helps the engine because it cools it off. The type of car has nothing to do with the efficiency of the device. The engine can be that of an older car, a new car, a fuel-injected engine or carburator. Because all that is done is to insert a ring in the intake manifold, nothing is touched in the engine. The whole process took about 20 minutes on my Revo.

Dela Cruz, who has also tried other energy-saving devices on his car, told me that the Aeronox is the first device that really worked for him. He was asked many times by Eraño Evangelista, the inventor of Aeronox to try it, but he put it off because he, too, was a skeptic. Eventually, he was convinced, and had the device fitted on his Expedition.

Today, he is a distributor of the Aeronox. A real believer.

‘Nuff said. I got the device.

Yes, after five minutes of driving my Revo, I felt the energy surge. But, I still had in mind that my gas consumption would go up, not down, since the engine seemed to power up so quickly. Wrong. I did some math. Believe me, this is not so easy, but bear with me.

Here goes.

A half tank of gas, which is about 25 liters on my Revo, would take me back and forth from my house in Pasig City to The STAR office in Port Area for a total of five days. That means I was running about seven kilometers to a liter of gas.

Today, with the Aeronox, I travel about 9.8 kilometers to a liter. I loaded a half tank of gas and used it for five days. Miracle – there was still some gas to spare. At the end of my experiment, I got the half tank of gas to take me back and forth from Pasig to Port Area for a total of seven days.

9.8 is my magic number. This means that I am now spending around P142.85 a day for gas. In the past, I spent P200. I save P57.15 a day, equivalent to 28 percent savings. Just great.

I might add that because there is no smoke emission from my engine, I am helping make the air we breathe cleaner, too. Now, I’m a believer.

(To find out how your vehicle can benefit from the Aeronox, call tel. 926-0383, 455-6691 or 456-1059 or visit Techno-Serve at Odie Bldg., 136 Congressional Ave., Quezon City. Dealership inquiries are also welcome at cell. nos. 0917-7900363 or 0917-8907001.)

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Whenever an article says that our current engines only use 60% of our fuel in combustion, walk away. This is simply bull.
    Could this just be saying that the gasoline engine only uses 60% of its fuel for its primary purpose and the rest is wasted as heat energy? I'm talking about heat efficacy and thermal efficiency. I know that the diesels have a higher thermal efficiency than gasoline engines so maybe this was the point.

Then again with the lighting storms in the text, I wouldn't dare question that and simply walk away...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's true, only about 20% of that gets converted to mechanical energy, but that doesn't mean 80% of the gas goes out the pipes as unburned fuel. Otherwise, we'd all have collector traps behind our mufflers to recycle the stuff... And that's what the article is suggesting... that somehow, a lot of our exhaust is pure, unburned gasoline. If I stood on the side of EDSA with a wet vacuum, I'd get rich off the stuff I could suck out of the air... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    so far the best and effective fuel saving device that i use is my stand alone engine management system.

From 6 kms/L now I get 10 kms/L on my SiR... ;)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    It's true, only about 20% of that gets converted to mechanical energy, but that doesn't mean 80% of the gas goes out the pipes as unburned fuel. Otherwise, we'd all have collector traps behind our mufflers to recycle the stuff... And that's what the article is suggesting... that somehow, a lot of our exhaust is pure, unburned gasoline. If I stood on the side of EDSA with a wet vacuum, I'd get rich off the stuff I could suck out of the air... :hysterical:
    mag-re-resign na ako sa work ko at apply ako asst mo sir niky!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Emong3 View Post
    so far the best and effective fuel saving device that i use is my stand alone engine management system.

From 6 kms/L now I get 10 kms/L on my SiR... ;)
    effective naman pala..

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Works like a nitrous system? We have a couple of dynamometers here in NCR. I urge the aeronox company to have their model cars dyno-tested and publish their certified (before and after) results. That's one concrete way to find out if the gadget really works. It's a good investment for them if they'll get positive results on the dyno. If ever, I'm sure lalong maboost ang sales nila. Pati ako bibili ng apat - for me and my utol!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast