New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hello happy new year,,. tanung ko lang po pwede ba sa 1.4 liter 16 valve Dohc engine stock ang turbo? having a 6 psi boost safe ba sya talaga? and yung turbo ng 4efte and a front mount intercooler pwede ba sya ilipat sa 1.4 liter 16 valve DOHC engine na stock? Its for my Kia Rio 2008... Im afraid i have the budjet hehehe..

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by karlo4real View Post
    Hello happy new year,,. tanung ko lang po pwede ba sa 1.4 liter 16 valve Dohc engine stock ang turbo? having a 6 psi boost safe ba sya talaga? and yung turbo ng 4efte and a front mount intercooler pwede ba sya ilipat sa 1.4 liter 16 valve DOHC engine na stock? Its for my Kia Rio 2008... Im afraid i have the budjet hehehe..

Thank you!
    Its pretty safe to go for 6 psi boost BUT you also have to consider some method to increase delivery of fuel as well.

A full turbo setup would cost you nearly P100K.

One of the better places to do your custom turbo properly (without blowing up your engine) would be SPEEDLAB.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Is it okay if I will provide the materials for my turbo? tapos labor nalng sa kanila? tapos some minor adjustments nalang sa kanila kung meron?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    astig bago ung car turbo kagad! nice

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Pahingi naman po ng what kind of turbo? okay na ba yung from 4efte na turbo? kasi po mura lang sya 2nd hand, and the intercooler 2nd hand din may maganda pa, tapos po customized na ung iba like pipings, manifold at ung ecu po ba,..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Nalilito kasi ako, mag papaturbo ba ako may ma bebenefit ba ko d2? or mag papa sound set up? may dadating kasi akong pera this Jan 5 or 10,. pros and cons?? may ampli na kasi ko,. haay.. kakahilo.. anu ba talaga kuya.. hehehe..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if by "safe" you mean "can i boost to 6 psi with the right software remap and fuel delivery upgrades, without blowing my engine?" the answer is yes. but you still need either a kit made for your car (never seen one for a Rio but search the interwebs) or a custom tuner that will do the whole build for you.

as far as what kind of turbo, for a small engine like that you probably want something small that spools up quickly. punta ka na lang sa Speedlab like ghosthunter said and let the professionals tell you what you need...wag mo na pahirapan sarili mo :sweat:

pero parang di ka pa sure kung ano uunahin mo sa setup mo e. ang layo naman ng custom turbo sa custom audio system e

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pahingi naman po ng what kind of turbo? okay na ba yung from 4efte na turbo? kasi po mura lang sya 2nd hand, and the intercooler 2nd hand din may maganda pa, tapos po customized na ung iba like pipings, manifold at ung ecu po ba,..
    Best to go see a proper tuner to specify what parts are to be used. Your engine is relatively small. The kit designed for the Honda Jazz/City 1.3 DSi might be applicable with customizing the plumbing and piggyback ECU retuned for your specific engine.

At any rate, best to consult SPEEDLAB or similar tuner shops.

Going cheap is the quickest way to make things very expensive later on.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nalilito kasi ako, mag papaturbo ba ako may ma bebenefit ba ko d2? or mag papa sound set up? may dadating kasi akong pera this Jan 5 or 10,. pros and cons?? may ampli na kasi ko,. haay.. kakahilo.. anu ba talaga kuya.. hehehe..
    More power is what you get from a turbo setup. But to fully utilize the added power, you'll probably need to upgrade your brakes and wheels (tires). Suspension upgrades would also help handling.

The stock HU and speakers are pretty decent as long as you keep the volume to moderate levels. My suggestion is adding more power IF you are simply deciding between your two choices.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Is it okay if I will provide the materials for my turbo? tapos labor nalng sa kanila? tapos some minor adjustments nalang sa kanila kung meron?
    Unless you know exactly what to specify for your engine's spec, best to let the expert tuners do their stuff. Adding a turbocharger is not as simple as bolting on some parts and then going out the door. You will have to get the proper size turbocharger, some way to add more fuel, a properly designed intercooler to optimize airflow, a system to control the fuel to match the added air and all the custom plumbing for the air, fuel, oil and vacuum lines as well as the brackets to hold them in place.

Doing it properly on the first time is the difference between a smoothly running tuned car and trying to salvage a ruined car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
6 psi boost safe ba sa stock engine?