New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hello, do you know where i can buy a 4x4 turbo diesel engine for a Pajero 1991? I want to change my Gas engine to a Diesel engine. need your help!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bakit mo kailangang mag change engine?

hindi kayanin i justify yung high cost ng gasoline, yung expenses/cost ng transplant from gas to diesel.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It would still be more cost effective to sell your present unit and get a unit with a diesel.

Also a hack job like that would most likely kill resale value as well has have greater potential for reliability, drivability, and safety issues.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    assuming that you still wanna push through with your project, why not try el dorado or atco? :D

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    someone in 4x4ph asked this already. and my advice was to not change the engine...sayang. proper maintenance, maybe an overhaul, and the engine will give you better service than say, a recon diesel that has led a hard life someplace else.

why change sa diesel? maninibago ka lang sa performance. tsaka tama si sir otep...chop job na ganun ka extensive and you can expect reliability issues later on. i've owned a pajero 2.5td and once the engine troubles start showing up, you'll never see the end of it. this is the risk you'll take if you get a 2nd hand engine. not to mention changing the gearbox (hindi yata swak, per my mechanic friend, because i've considered this once before, diesel to gas nga lang, badtrip kasi yung td engine ko nun, maya't maya may nangyayari.)

2.6 astron ba yan? get the carb cleaned, get good quality filters and plugs, change to a better oil...aayos uli yan, if you don't want an overhaul for the time being.

4x4 Turbo Diesel Engine: Help