New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Recently purchase a Corolla BigBody GLi 1.6 4afe engine after disposing my Corolla 2e 1.3 Carb.

Been searching the internet for the correct Spark Plug for the 4afe Engine, started with oem Denso brand first, if ever I wouldn't like the performance, I'll change to the equivalent NGK brand.

Confusion starts when some Denso websites states 4afe engine should use K16R-U and others states K16R-U11, they have different gap ..

What is really the correct spark plugs and gaps for 4afe engine ???? .08 gap or .11 gap ??

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    NGK bkr5eya and Denso k16r-u according sa manual ang stock plugs ng 4afe. usually pre- gap na yan salpak na lang. don't confused yourself.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    kung gusto mo sukatin pa, 0.8mm according sa manual ang spark plug gap ng 4afe.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by saksidriver View Post
    NGK bkr5eya and Denso k16r-u according sa manual ang stock plugs ng 4afe. usually pre- gap na yan salpak na lang. don't confused yourself.
    on some sites, they put K16PR-U ...

Whats the P stands for the K16PR-U ?? how is it different compared to the K16R-U ??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saksidriver View Post
    on some sites, they put K16PR-U ...

Whats the P stands for the K16PR-U ?? how is it different compared to the K16R-U ??

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    P is por flatinum 4afe AE101 Spark Plugs Confusion ????

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    1.1mm stock gap for locally released 4A-FE. Stock should be Denso K16PR-U11 or NGK BKR5E-11

P in middle of Denso spark plug part number is 'projected tip'. So K16PR-U11 has projected tip.
    P in beginning of Denso spark plug part number is 'platinum tip'.

HTH...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EssB View Post
    1.1mm stock gap for locally released 4A-FE. Stock should be Denso K16PR-U11 or NGK BKR5E-11

P in middle of Denso spark plug part number is 'projected tip'. So K16PR-U11 has projected tip.

HTH...
    locally meaning philippines only ?? why there's a .08 gap for other 4AFE, are they interchangeable ??? meaning can I put a K16R-U on a 4AFE if locally it should be K16R-U11 ???

Also, should I use the projected type ?? what is projected type and its advantages ??

HTH...
    locally meaning philippines only ?? why there's a .08 gap for other 4AFE, are they interchangeable ??? meaning can I put a K16R-U on a 4AFE if locally it should be K16R-U11 ???

Also, should I use the projected type ?? what is projected type and its advantages ??

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post

4A-FE have different generations. Differences in intake plenum, intake runners, and intake ports have different effects with the way a/f mixture enters the combustion chamber. Those variables affects how the flame kernel propagates in the spark plug tips.

Use K16PR-U11 or BKR5E-11.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    4A-FE have different generations. Differences in intake plenum, intake runners, and intake ports have different effects with the way a/f mixture enters the combustion chamber. Those variables affects how the flame kernel propagates in the spark plug tips.

Use K16PR-U11 or BKR5E-11.
    I called Toyota CDO and they look up in their system what spark plug to use in my Corolla Bigbody GLi 1996, they said K16R-U11 ..

On some Denso Gobal sites under Philippines Automobile, they listed K16R-U ..

On other Denso Global sites under Latin America, they also listed K16R-U ...

On the updated list of Denso Global under Philippines, they now listed K16PR-U11 ...

So confusing ... if different spark plugs have different effects ... so which should I follow ??

The Toyota CASA K16R-U11, Denso Global last year K16R-U or the updated Denso Global K16PR-U11 ????

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    k16r-u11 is just a pre-gapped version of k16ru.

no big difference though. you can get k16ru and just manually gap it to 1.1mm.

heat rating naman importante dyan. pareho mga yan bast 16 ang number